Sunday, August 21, 2016

Under the weather

Last night after I posted, I went back to work on my green dress. Chris slept until midnight. He might have slept later, but my phone rang. It was a wrong number, of course. He told me that the game was supposed to start at 11. So he set up his computer and joined the game already in progress. I went to bed. I turned the fan on so his voice would not keep me awake. I woke up at 6:30. Chris woke up when I got up. He said he came to bed at 3. I went to the bathroom and stayed awhile, noting pains in my upper GI tract. Most unusual. I wondered if it was the orange that I ate last night after cutting off the bad part. The pains came and went as I worked on my dress. It was like being kicked by a mule. Chris went to church. At 9:30 I watered the plants. I was debating whether to go to church. I was tired so I laid down. When Chris came back from church to check on me, the pains started up again. No church. I called Jane to say I wasn’t coming to lunch either. Eating seemed like a bad idea. I opened the dress pattern file on the desktop. I checked with it several times to make progress on the dress. Inexplicably, when I sewed the sides to the front, the front was longer. I had to match the horizontal stripe and that left close to an inch extra on the top at the shoulders. I cut it off so I could sew the shoulder seams. Then I had to shorten the neck facing to match, which it did not, at first. Chris had to meet with the new admiral, and then go to an ‘all hands’ meeting. I guess he went to work after that. It left me plenty of time to clean out my gut, thinking that would solve the problem. Myra called to see if I was going to the baby shower. But I told her I might be infectious. She put my name with hers on the card because I embroidered the name. When I finished cleaning and re-innoculating with good bacteria, I got a slight headache and my skin felt sensitive to the touch. It was like getting the flu. I cleaned up the bathroom and kitchen, and folded laundry. I put mine away. When Chris came home, he felt my forehead and said I was a little hot. He warmed up some bone broth for me. I checked my e-mail on the desktop. Later I ate some grapes. I was tired but did not want to sleep during the day. I got my dress put together and the neckline faced. I ran out of bobbin thread, so I wound 6 more. I was starting to hem the sleeves. I took a break to check the instructions to see if I needed matching thread. Yes, but I got distracted by a question someone sent me on Facebook. I wrote a check to Jennifer for the essential oils and prepared it for the mail. We sat on the couch and watched two episodes of Lois and Clark. I drank a bottle of mineral water and felt better. I fired up my laptop so I could post to my blog. I think I’ll go to bed now.
* Matching that stripe made this project take far longer than it should have. *

No comments: