Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Looking for inspiration

I got up before 7:30 to get dressed and fix my hair. Chris was out running, but came back to take a shower and go to work early. I watered the potted plants. I signed into Facebook to meet a new tapping buddy. We finally connected on Skype but he was in the middle of something so we agreed to reschedule. I folded some of the laundry. I put new items in my Swanson basket, but did not have enough for free shipping yet. I watered the rest of the plants. I read e-mail and did today’s puzzle. I ate the last of my seed crackers looking out the window. When the pesticide man came by, I indicated that he should not spray the tomato plants. He nodded so I guess he understood. I did some tapping, then left for yoga. No one came but Myra. So we did it together with her leading. We talked to Suzanne after class. I walked home and had my chocolate shake for lunch. Chris came home. There was no mail. He ate the last of his bread for lunch. I made bread and seed crackers. I tried arrangements of a green swag on my green shirt to hide the bleach stains, but I did not find a satisfactory arrangement. I looked for inspiration on Pinterest. Jane called. She had found a tailor shop by the stadium and wanted me to come see it. I threw on some shoes and headed out to meet her at Admiral Yi circle. She called on the way to say the proprietor would pick me up at the gate. When I got there, she was waiting and ushered me to his car. He drove down the street to his shop. I could have walked but this was faster. He showed me his assortment of fabrics. I picked something that I thought Chris would like and asked for a quote, with Jane’s help. We also discussed how much fabric was needed in case we bought fabric in Busan, which has a larger selection. It was more expensive than what we had heard about in Busan but Chris might want the convenience of fittings in Chinhae. Then the man drove us back to the base. Jane and I went to the little market. She bought cucumbers. We looked at the figs, but the package was too big for either of us to eat. Jane went to the bus stop and
I walked toward home. I stopped by the chapel to take pics of my iron and caddy to post for a class. I surprised the chapel secretary who thought she had turned the lights off. On the way home, Kelly passed me. I asked her if she needed yellow trash bags and told her I needed a hair cut. She said to come tomorrow morning. Continuing my walk home, I was hailed by Myra. So I walked down to the quad. She showed me the garden areas where she had pulled out all the dead tomato plants. I picked some vine off the tree. It had smelly flowers and I hoped it would be a deterrent to critters who would snack on my plants. Daniele showed up with groceries. We talked some more about what would be good to plant next year. Then I went home and made breakfast for supper. I read e-mail for a while then called Chris at 7:15 to see if he had forgotten to come home. I looked for more inspiration for my green top on Pinterest. I added up items for the iron caddy kit and came up with a price. Chris came home at 9. I looked up directions to the fabric market for the admiral’s wife. Then there was more looking for inspiration. That could have gone on all night. I stopped to write to my blog. I was followed by a centipede so I made sure he went up in flames. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* Any suggestions? *

No comments: