Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sewing and sleeping

I got up before 7:30. I put out the recyclables. I took a shower and got dressed while Chris was at PT. I skyped my new tapping buddy and we did as much tapping as skype would allow. Most of the time the quality was fine, but towards the end, the call got dropped over and over. I watered the plants and ate some seed crackers. I grabbed the extra garbage bags and walked to Kelly’s house. She pointed out the wasp nests in the bushes in her front yard. Then she cut my hair as we talked. A man came in a truck to spray the nests and remove them. We went out the back. She dropped me off at my house on her way to the FFTC. I checked e-mail and ate some sweet potato. I read that a certain dentist said sea salt was bad for you because it pulled electrons from your body. I filled out the forms to mail a package which I did not have a box for. Then I picked up the quilts that needed binding and walked to the chapel. No one was there at first. But then Myra came and then Linda. I worked on binding while Myra helped Linda. Chris stopped by to tell me there was no mail. He said he would pick up a priority mail box for me and leave it at our quarters. QOV broke up after 1. Myra and I ran into Paul on the way home. He said we were cleared for moving the classes to the second floor of Housing. We would have storage and some funding. The only problem was that we would not be able to have classes during some of the exercises. Then she and I walked home. My stomach was kicking again. I made and ate breakfast anyway. I could not find the priority mail box that Chris promised. I called his office but there was no answer. I looked on Pinterest for inspiration for adding decoration to my green top, but I decided it wasn’t worth it. The bleach stain was in a bad place. I got out some markers to recolor it, but they were not the right green. I got very sleepy. So I went outside to walk around and water the small pots again. It wasn’t hot but it was very windy and they were drying out. I sat on the front porch, sleepy. After a while I went in and laid on the bed. I must have fallen asleep. I heard Chris come in the front door so I got up. He asked if I had decided not to go to class. I realized it was 6:25, so I threw on shoes and grabbed the car keys. I drove to the FFTC and walked to the chapel. I saw Suzanne leave with her daughter to get a snack. No one was in the room, so I turned on the lights. Myra came, and then Linda, and later Nela and Princess and Suzanne. I helped Princess with her pouch project. Myra helped the others with their bag, and costume projects. I held Aubry so her mother could sew. We started packing up on time, but stayed talking while Princess swept the room. Then Nela and Myra walked home, even though I offered them a ride. I drove home and backed into our usual space. I took the quilts inside and then realized that I hadn’t brought my shoulder bag in. So I went out to get it. I drank some water with magnesium in it. Then we watched an episode of Lois and Clark that was TBC (to be continued). But Chris went to bed, leaving the next episode for tomorrow night. I stayed up to clear some e-mail and post to my blog.
* this is a picture from the tailor shop yesterday *

No comments: