Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sewing on Wednesday

I got up about 7:15. I collated the recyclables and put them by the door. I got dressed and went out back to drink my quart of water. I came in and checked e-mail. Chris came back from PT. I took the recyclables out to the street, then watered the plants. He asked me to show him the one squash that made it past the gumball stage. I put on an interview and listened while I did today’s puzzle and some of my exercises. The interview was with Wim Hof, the Ice Man. He can sit in an ice bath for two hours and climbed Kilimanjaro in nothing but a pair of shorts. He said we aren’t meant to live in temperature controlled environments. I took a cold shower. After the initial blast, it was actually comfortable. I made up a week’s worth of supplements before it was time to leave. I took the fish quilt to QOV. I sat and handstitched binding until Anna and Katelyn came. Myra was an hour late and we were getting worried. Anna worked on a potholder and Katelyn made a bib with a little help. Nela came for a little while. The secretary at the chapel was having her birthday. She brought in a plate of pieces of cake just as we were leaving. The others had a few bites, then left. Myra and I walked back to her place with the rest of the cake. I told her I would come after lunch to see her patterns. But when I got home, I did not feel like eating. I put on an interview from The Man Panel.and laid on the couch, nearly falling asleep. Myra called later to say she did not have any patterns like I was looking for. I walked to Housing and requested a new light bulb for the dining room. He handed me a box of two. I also told him that I would not be home at 11:30 for the contractor to measure my windows. He hemmed and hawed and said it was a tight schedule. But I stuck to my guns and he changed it to 1pm. I went home with the light bulbs, laying the box on the dining room table for Chris. I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail. I cut out pages from packing paper to use in the printer. I printed out a free dress pattern from Craftsy. It took 24 sheets. Chris came home just as I was putting on my shoes to leave. I took the second QOV and the roll of binding. I drove to the chapel. Myra and Jadyn were already there. I pinned the binding on as we talked. Katelyn came to make a bib. She brought a towel from the Nex to use for the backing. The new teacher, Mari came, just to talk. She seemed comfortable and fit right in. She mentioned that had she known that she could not live on post and that her son would have to come to post by 6 every morning to be bused an hour and a half to Daegu for school each day, she would not have come. We all sympathized with her. I suggested there could be a supervised room at the school where high school students take their courses online. Katelyn said that was how she finished high school. Jadyn finished making a phone cover with Myra’s help. I finished sewing the binding strip to the quilt. Katelyn finished the bib with my help. Anna did not finish the folded star potholder that she started at lunch. Nela just came to talk and help pack up. Then we left. They walked home, but Anna and I drove. No one wanted a ride. When I got home, Chris was still awake, on his laptop. But soon he shut it down and went to bed. I helped him fall asleep. Then I went back to my laptop to go to Netflix. I watched parts of the very first three episodes to see what dresses Angela and Cam were wearing, but Cam wasn’t part of the show yet, and Angela mostly wore a lab coat. Then it was past time to go to bed.
* A pic of succulents from the market last week *

No comments: