Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Two new recipes

I woke up hearing Chris leave for PT. I thought I stayed in bed a long time, but it was only quarter after 7 when I got up to collate the recyclables and take them out to the curb. I read e-mail while Chris took his shower and then filled the water pitchers right afterward. I went out to check on the plants and water them. No further damage since yesterday. I meditated and tapped. I read e-mail and listened to an interview. I made and drank the chocolate shake. I got dressed and paused the audio. I picked up the fish quilt and walked to the chapel. I was a few minutes early. I sat down to work on the binding. The secretary told me that someone was coming to use the room at 1 so we should clean up before we leave. I was by myself for some time. Then Chun came by, to visit and to look at quilt magazines, but I hadn’t brought any. I promised to bring some next time. She stayed until 12:30. I stayed until 12:50, then folded the quilt and left. I walked home. I made and ate breakfast. I cleaned in the kitchen. I wanted to sweat, so I went outside to do yardwork. I clipped the edges of the lawn. I trimmed the bushes. I weeded some. But I did not sweat. Something bit me near my knee. Every so often it would sting like something was in there. When I came in, I put ¼ C beeswax in a pot to melt. I added coconut oil and olive oil. While it was melting, I made a new batch of spice mix. I took the oil and beeswax off of the heat. I found two small containers and labeled them ‘sleep salve’ and ‘healing salve’. I followed two essential oil recipes, adding the drops to each container. I only had a problem when I could not find the lemon essential oil. I was sure I had some, but could not find it anywhere. So I figured I could get it later and re-melt the salve. I divided the oil/beeswax mix between the two containers and mixed them with a spatula. It cooled too fast, but I think it mixed well enough. I put the containers in the bathroom. I rubbed a little healing salve on my bug bite. I did today’s puzzle while listening to an audio. Chris came home from work about 6. I changed my clothes. I watered the seedlings. Then I took the fish quilt and drove to the chapel. Myra was just walking up. When we walked in, Lianne was there with her children in the play room. As we greeted her, Kelly walked in with her three girls. So I flicked on the lights in the classroom. Kelly set up her machine and one of her daughters pulled out pieces of an apron to work on. Another daughter worked on a bag on one of Myra’s machines. The smallest one wanted to play so I had to find her some paper and markers. Suzanne came with her little girl who wrote on the whiteboard. Elizabeth came with Jadyn and they brought lots of fabric and a girls dress pattern. I showed him how to read the pattern and pick out the pieces he needed. He was making dresses for his little sisters. 8:30 seemed to come very quickly. They packed up and most left. Nela and Suzanne and Myra stayed to talk. We were sad to hear that Nela was pcsing all of a sudden. We discussed certain people on post who have lots of potential but are holding themselves back by constantly expressing negative attitudes. It was after 10 when the group broke up. I took Nela home and then dropped Myra off at her house. I parked near my house. Chris was still up, having gotten back from seeing a Tarzan movie. I checked e-mail and looked on Facebook for all the drama I keep hearing about, but I did not see it. I wrote my blog post for today and followed Chris to bed.
* too heavy to hold it's head up *

No comments: