Tuesday, August 2, 2016

All boxed up and ready to go

I woke up in the middle of the night, with digestive distress. After visiting the bathroom, I felt slightly better. I took two activated charcoal capsules and went to back to bed. I had trouble sleeping because there was a sore spot on the tip of my tongue. I woke up hearing my alarm at 7:30. But I think I fell asleep again. It was a little after 8 when I got up. I squeezed a lemon into a quart of water, and drank it out back in the morning sun. There were lots of clouds however. After the drinking the water, I came in and fired up the router. I did my exercises and listened to another interview from the summit. I wrote a check to go in the mail. I ran the dust mop around the imitation wood floors. I did the Kirtan Kriya meditation. I took a shower and put on my yoga clothes. I listened to an interview until it was time to leave. I took my mat and headed to the gym, but Linda was driving by and offered me a ride. Joelle had us do yoga flow positions and it made me dizzy since she went kind of fast. Jane called right at noon but class wasn’t over yet. When it was, I called her back. She said to meet her in 10 minutes. So I rolled up my mat and told Myra I would be over later. I walked to the front gate where Jane was waiting. But there was no one at the visitor center to process her ID. We had to wait for a shift change. Then we went to the ATM where she got cash. She asked me to buy her oatmeal because her doctor said she needed more protein in her diet and she couldn’t get rolled oats locally. I told her that was illegal to buy her anything at the commissary but I could order it for her on Amazon. After I signed her out, I walked to the post office. But there was no mail today. As I started walking home, I thought about pricing oatmeal in the commissary to see if Amazon was cheaper. So I went into the commissary. I looked for raw walnuts but there were none. I found the oatmeal. It was a little cheaper at the commissary than on Amazon for the name brand. The off brand was a lot cheaper but did not appear on Amazon. I checked out the magnesium there, but it had a lot of added chemicals. So I walked home. I made breakfast. I drank some of the new chocolate protein shake powder. Then I ate breakfast. I did not feel so good. I listened to an interview, and then laid down. I fell asleep. I woke up at 4. I called Myra to see if it was too late to come over. It wasn’t, so I changed into shorts and took my green shirt with the bleached spots. I ran into Danielle on the way and she showed me her garden. Her pumpkin and squash plants look great. Then I went up to see Myra. She was painting a backdrop. There was still some green paint from yesterday and I thought it matched my shirt so I painted the bleach spots, but it dried darker. Myra mixed some more and tried painting my shirt, too, but it did not match any better. Scott was home and I talked to him about the visitor desk being empty. Suddenly the wind blew and the rain came down hard. I went home, getting drenched. I laid out the green shirt and used a wet wash cloth to try to feather out the paint spots. I sat down to read e-mail on my laptop. I looked at more oatmeal options on Amazon. I can get a good price on a 50 lb bag, but it would be too heavy to tote home from the post office. I listened to an interview from the Mental Wellness Summit while finishing So Young’s project. I collated the recyclables. I mixed magnesium in some water with salt to take my melatonin. I watched an episode of Bones. It turned out to be the finale for Season 10 and season 11 did not come up, so I guess I will have to look for something else until Netflix decides to stream season 11. I had gotten excited earlier in the day about finally hanging a picture – since I haven’t hung any yet. So I went looking for the box of pictures and found a pile of boxes that needed recycling. I wondered for a moment if I was turning into my father. But I selected only three to keep and broke down all the rest to be put out in the morning. It was helpful that most boxes were damaged in one way or another. Then I posted to my blog so I could go to bed.
* This pic was taken BEFORE I got it all boxed up and ready to go. *

No comments: