Friday, August 5, 2016

National Night Out

I left a window open last night to get some fresh air in the bedroom. I got up to close it in the morning when the room got uncomfortably warm. I laid back down and got up at 7. I ironed a dress sitting on my ironing board. Then I sat outside drinking a quart of water. When I came in, I read e-mail. At some point I realized that no magnesium was coming. I had forgotten to order it. So I looked up magnesium powder on Amazon. I drank a chocolate shake. I put on nicer clothes, then went to the Community Round-up. I walked back with Myra. I came home to water the plants. I settled on a particular brand of magnesium and placed the order. I read more e-mail. Then I took a walk up the trail. I pulled weeds growing in the cracks. But the steepest part seemed unsafe, so I turned around and came back. I consumed some coconut oil with turmeric. I read e-mail while that digested, then made breakfast. I listened to audios while finishing today’s puzzle. I also attached the capes to the t-shirts for the event at 6pm. I cut out sleeves for the peplum top and cleaned the countertops in the kitchen. I walked to the post office to check the mail and came back with a box from Swansons. Inside was a block of beeswax, among other things. Once again, by the time it arrived, I have forgotten why I ordered it. I listened to another interview. He recommended making and drinking banana tea before bed for the magnesium. I did tomorrow’s puzzle. I sewed the sleeves into peplum top and hemmed them. I took a shower. I laid out a pair of black shorts on paper and traced a front piece and a back piece. Then I put them on for the event. I put the shirts and capes in a bag. At 6 I walked down to the antenna circle where MWR had set up awnings and a bouncy house. There were two Cat women, and they were hot! The kids were cute in or out of costume. I did not get pics of all the super heroes but I am sure they will be on Facebook later. The commissary served grapes, watermelon, and hot dogs. Kim said the grapes and watermelon were there because she knew I would not eat the hot dogs. Later they said Happy Birthday to Myra. They presented her with four birthday cakes with candles. It got dark and the event came to a close. I came home when almost everyone was gone. I made and ate a salad. I soaked bitter melon in salt water ‘cause Anna mentioned that her aunt did that. It was still bitter. I watched an episode of Criminal Minds, then started another one. Chris and Michele skyped me. It was so good to see and talk to them for almost an hour. I finished the second episode, then posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: