Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Last day of my 'vacation'

I got up really early and went back to bed. I got up later (still before 7), and sat outside to drink water. Then I watered just the potted plants because the others seemed wet. Maybe it rained last night? I swished while boiling eggs for Chris. Two of them ‘exploded’ in the boiling water. I also made a loaf of bread. I did the fat-loss meditation for today and the kirtan kriya meditation. I read e-mail and listened to an audio. I watered the garden and then took a cold shower. I worked on the shirt sleeves, trying to add style some how. All of a sudden I realized it was 10:55. I grabbed my stuff and headed to the chapel, but no one there. I called Myra and two ladies walked in. One wanted to learn to hem a pair of pants. Anna came in to work on a QOV block, so Katelyn watched her. Anna’s son brought two sheets of addition and subtraction problems, but he would rather run around and make noise. Eventually Myra got him calmed down enough to do his problems. I showed Maria how to hem her pants. She and Katelyn said they would come back for the nigh class. Anna finished her block. We left around 1:20. I walked home with Myra. We talked for a bit and then she went in for lunch. I went home for breakfast, stopping to add water to some potted plants on the porch. I ate as I listened to an interview on sleeping on the space station. The days are 45 minutes long (sunrise and sunset), so working with circadian rhythms is important. I also read about the floating gardens of the Aztecs.
I worked on the sleeves of the shirt. Chris called at 5 to say he was in Korean waiting for a flight out of Incheon. Then I made a salad for supper and ate an orange. I finished the shirt in time to walk to the chapel for sewing class. Katelyn and Maria joined me on the walk there. It seemed like the chapel was locked but I pushed really hard on the door and it opened. Soon after we got there, Anna and Myra and Karon arrived. Myra helped Katelyn work on an apron. Maria was able to hem a pair of pants by herself. Myra and Nela prepared Nela’s dress to be hemmed. We had a good time chatting on a variety of subjects. Finally we packed up and headed out. Four of us talked about taking a bus to Osan or Seoul. Then we parted to go to our respective homes. I got home and listened to an interview from the sleep summit while preparing my blog. I deleted most of the pics from my camera to make room for more. Then I posted to my blog, not sure what the rest of my evening would look like.

No comments: