Saturday, August 13, 2016

A 'waist' of time

I woke up early, almost 7 if I remember correctly… Chris got up to play with the voices. It was supposed to start at 8, but the voices were late. I read e-mail and then watered the plants. I did today’s puzzle. I could not listen to an audio because that would have competed with the voices. I could not meditate either. After reading all the e-mail worth reading that did not involve an audio, I turned to sewing. I took a shapeless dress that I bought in Daegu and took it apart. I ironed the pieces and recut it using a pattern taken from a dress that fits me. I took a break to make and eat breakfast. Chris finished with the voices, so I did a meditation and started an audio. Later he went to the commissary, so I paused the audio and started another one that is best listened to when he was not home. I started a batch of seed crackers. Chris came home with groceries while I was still measuring and mixing. I paused the audio. Chris told me that some of my flowers were wilting, so I went out to water them. Mostly it was the butterfly bush, which does attract butterflies. He came out to tell me the timer had rung. I went in to check on the crackers. I decided to turn the oven off and let them cook/cool a little longer. I went back to sewing. I put in bust darts, and basted the seams. Then I serged them. Amazingly, the arm holes were bound with the same strip of fabric that went around the neck edges, so I had to tie in to it to make it look right. I did a lot of handsewing to have the control I needed to get it right. Chris had supper and was ready to watch TV before I was done. So I brought the dress out with me to finish pulling out the basting. We watched two episodes of Castle. I put on my new dress and took pics of it. After all that work, it calls attention to my stomach no matter what I do. I feel like I wasted my day. (It does look better than the original shapeless tent of a dress.) After checking e-mail one last time, we went to bed. Probably.

No comments: