Tuesday, August 23, 2016

An educational tour

Chris got up early, took a shower and left. I thought he went running, but I found his running shoes when I got up. I put out the food waste container for pick up. I watered the planter of peas that were on the kitchen window sill. I was trying to put them in a plastic bag so they would not dry out when I dropped it. There was dirt and dried peas all over the floor. I got most of it back in the planter and swept up the rest. I put the planter back on the windowsill. I watered the plants outside. I checked e-mail on the desktop and did some tapping and meditation. I put ingredients in the bread machine and started it. That used up every bit of flour, so I put it on the list. While I was making breakfast, Myra called to discuss when we were meeting to walk over to the 606. The desktop needed rebooting to take advantage of some updates, so I set it in motion and turned on the laptop. I fired up the laptop and ate breakfast. I placed an order with Swansons using my new credit card. I just made the minimum for free shipping. I checked e-mail and did some tapping. I took a cold shower. Then I ironed the facing in place on my green dress. But it would not stay down, so I spray basted the facing in place. Then I put on the green dress. I did not want to get too dressed up, but the space inside the neckline needed to be filled. I used a necklace, and then I had to wear earrings too. I called Myra to tell her I was coming. I walked down the hill to Myra’s place. She joined me in walking to the 606. We were early so we waited: she inside with the AC and me on a bench just up the hill where I could sit. When the new admiral’s lunch group came back, I walked down to meet them. We were introduced to the admiral and his wife. Then we and his wife got in a van with Justin at the wheel. We went to the gym where we got a tour of CYP, the gym and pool, and the teen center. Then we parked at the chapel. We got a tour of the school. I got to see the room with the new instruments. And then we went to the chapel for a tour. From there, we went to the duplex next to mine. It was empty so she could see the basic layout and furnishings. Justin said his replacement would be moving in there. We got a tour of Housing as well. Then we went to the FFTC. We toured the post office and the third deck. Finally, we picked up a Ms. Kim who used to work with Dan Olsen. Justin drove us to a coffee shop near the ecological park. We went to the second floor. We ordered beverages and cinnamon rolls. Ms. Kim gave us handouts about do’s and don’ts in Korean culture. We stayed so long, chatting and enjoying the conversation, that there was no time for the scheduled trip to the five day market. I was looking forward to it and had money. We went back to base. The only ID that did not pass security belonged to the admiral’s wife. Apparently the new ID did not get registered in the system. But they let us on the base anyway, eventually. We parked back at the 606. We got out and in a minute or two, the admiral and Chris and several others came out. The admiral shook our hands and thanked us for keeping his wife company. She gave us her e-mail address. Then she hugged us and we walked to security where Myra picked up the car key from her husband’s office and drove me home. Did I mention it was a hot day? We sat in the car and talked for 5 minutes and then I got out and she drove home. I ate some cashews. I ate my daily serving of nuts and frozen blueberries. I watered the outdoor seedlings again. When Chris came home, I asked him to take my picture so I would have a pic of the dress. I wrote to the admiral’s wife so she would have my e-mail address. I tried to ‘friend’ her on Facebook, but that option was missing. I looked at e-mail and got hooked on tutorials on Pinterest. I saw the making of a glaze that looks like glass when it hardens. That is a very interesting look for a cake. I posted a reminder of sewing classes for tomorrow. When Chris was ready, we watched two episodes of Lois and Clark. He went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* So, is this dress a keeper? *

No comments: