Tuesday, May 28, 2019

24 hour wi-fi

Last night I laid down in the bedroom with Chris, but my ears were ringing because the router was in the next room. I took my pillows and made my way in the dark to the living room. I laid down on the antique settee and settled as best I could. It was just barely long enough to accommodate me. I covered myself with the EMF shielding fabric, which is amazingly warm for something you can see through. It was hard getting to sleep, but I did. When I saw daylight coming in, I moved to the couch, which was longer. But it wasn't as firm.
Eventually I gave up trying to sleep and went into the den to read e-mail. Chris got up soon after. He said he would find out how to turn off the router so I could sleep in the bed with him. Then Cecily and Alfred got up. Chris and Al ate breakfast. I took my supplements. I asked Chris to help me treat for sensitivities to strawberries. Al and Cecily went to the store. I washed up and got dressed. I was making my breakfast when they got back. I ate, then read more e-mail, occasionally listening to short audios. No summits so far this week.
I did my lower back exercises on the floor. I called my dad to remind him about the fat bombs. He said he was just putting in his dentures. Chris told me he could not turn off the router at night because the AC system was tied into it. He said he found the couch in the den to be comfortable to sleep on. Cecily put on the food channel. She says she doesn't get hungry and she eats very little. But she must certainly find food interesting to watch all those cooking shows and challenges.
I went outside and spent some time in the sun. The deck was very hot under my feet. I did some stretches. I ate some wild strawberries in the lawn. I noticed an inflamed taste bud. I looked it up on the internet. Baking soda was recommended. I put a packet of vitamin C in my mouth covering the taste bud. It felt better for awhile.
Cecily went into the kitchen to work on supper. Chris and I read e-mail in the den, eventually watching the cooking shows. At 6:30 Cecily announced the supper was ready. We sat around the table and prayed. Then we dined on chicken cacciatore, salad, asparagus, noodles and wild rice. Chris had to get wine refills for his mom since he was the youngest at the table. After that, out came the cake and ice creams. Chris served. Then Cecily cleaned up. She refused help.
Al talked to me about identifying who should make decisions for my dad and what kind of help he needed or where he might go to get help. Then we talked about getting old and the descent into fragility. Cecily, who had just gone to bed, came back and said the lights were out. So Al went back there and found a burnt out bulb. Then he ran the dishwasher and went in the back. I sat in the den with Chris and typed up my blog. I think tonight I will put the livingroom couch cushions on the floor and sleep there.
* Generational pictures. Both little girls have birthdays in May. *

No comments: