Monday, May 27, 2019

Birthday boy has to work

I think I slept pretty well last night. I woke up before the alarm, but stayed in bed (hide-a-bed) until after it went off. I took a Purozyme and went back to bed for 20 minutes. Then I did the foot and lower back exercises as best I could remember them. I washed up and got dressed. Chris folded up the bed and made himself a melted cheese sandwich for breakfast. I took more supplements and swished while checking e-mail. Patrick, who had spent the night on the couch in the den watching TV (or sleeping in spite of it), went to bed.
I made my breakfast and ate it while listening to an audio. I started packing up things lying around. I had Chris get some more canning jars from the utility room to take to his mom.

Around noon Patrick woke Dad up. I was surprised he slept so long because I did not hear him get up during the night. It took him a while to get ready and come out to the den. I noticed his face was puffy and his left eyelid seemed droopy. I mentioned it to Chris and Patrick but they saw nothing unusual. I suggested a fat bomb and Dad ate two. Then I made up Dad's pills for the week. I was surprised that he let me. I also did his Synthroid, which is in a separate pill minder. He tried to make his breakfast, but was confused by a box of Product 19, saying it did not have enough calories. So I took it away. I opened a box of Shredded Wheat for him and he had to take the liner out, and make sure the seam was facing the back of the box. He still seemed indecisive, but it was getting late and we had to go. I told him to focus on eating chicken and liver while he figured out how to measure cereals to put in his bowl.
Chris had the car packed and we went to his parent's house. We each brought some stuff in. Then he and his dad brought the rest in while I talked to his mom. The four of us sat around the table and talked. Cecily started working on supper. I went outside to sit on a chair on the deck and soak up some sun. Alfred talked to me for a little bit, then watered the bird bath and disappeared. The sun went behind a cloud. I started falling asleep and kept waking up when my head fell forward. So finally I took the chair and went in.
Cecily was cooking and the guys were in the den. I laid down for a nap, but I don't think I ever fell asleep. Chris came to get me when supper was almost ready. We sat down to a meal of pork chops, broccoli, corn, wild rice and apple crisp.
After the meal, Cecily brought out a cake and put candles on it. Al got out the ice cream. Chris had to light the candles, listen to us sing, then blow them out. He also had to hand out cake and ice cream before he could eat his own. Poor Chris. His mother kept calling him a senior citizen.
Cecily had Chris call Michele. Michele did not sound like she wanted to talk. Cecily offered her bacon fat for her room mates. But Michele declined. Cecily gave Chris a card, which he read out loud. It was shorter than the one that Faye gave him yesterday. Cecily cleaned up in the kitchen. I was listening to Al talk about something and missed my chance to help. Then I went into the den and got on my laptop to check e-mail. But the others came in and I laid the laptop aside to participate in the discussion.
Not much later, Cecily went to bed. Al talked to us for some time about his graduating class and his paternal family history. He had a book (in French) with all of the descendants of Matthew D'Amour. After he went to bed, I took my evening supplements and wrote to my blog.
* 55th birthday *

No comments: