Thursday, May 30, 2019

Resistance is futile

I woke up about 8 and started taking supplements. I washed up and got dressed. I sat at my laptop reading e-mail. Al and Cecily took Carol shopping to get the 5% senior discount. Chris read his e-mail. When they got back, they put groceries away. I went outside to sit in the sun. I pulled some weeds growing in the rock garden by the side of the house. After awhile I went back inside. I sat at the diningroom table and ate leftover chicken and salad for lunch. Then I went back in the livingroom to read e-mail while Cecily watched the food channel.
I put on headphones to listen to a podcast. Rowan, a large Australian wolfhound, came over a few times and inserted her head between me and my laptop. I would pet her and then ease her out of the way. At one point, there was thunder outside. I didn't hear it because of the headphones, but the dogs did and they sought solace. Rowan stuck her head in my face, but this time, she continued to get closer. Resistance was futile as she made her way into my lap. Carol tried to dislodge her and Chris moved my laptop out of the way so she wouldn't step on it. I was hidden by a wall of fur. As soon as I got the chance, I made a break for it.
I took my laptop and went upstairs. I called Dad to see if he had eaten his fat bombs. He said he had just put them in his mouth. I read e-mail and listened to an audio on essential amino acids. I was impressed enough to order some from Bodyhealth.com because they had 25% off and it was the same product Ben Greenfield was selling at 10% off.
I listened to an audio on parasites until Chris came to say that supper would be ready in 15 minutes. He left, and I wrapped up what I was doing and went down to the living room. They were still watching Bobbie Flay. Then we gathered in the kitchen to carry dishes to the dining room.
We ate supper. Carol and Cecily had prepared burgers with cheese inside. We also had tater tots, brussel sprouts, and sauteed mushrooms. Afterward, Chris and Al shared the last piece of cake and the last of the strawberry ice cream. I asked Marie if Kurt could come to Michele's birthday party and she said yes. So I went upstairs to call Kurt to invite him to the gathering for Michele. We got into a conversation until he had to go. I watched the rest of the memorial day concert with Al and Chris. I looked up the co-hosts, but didn't really know them. Then we watched a short documentary on slavery and emancipation.
At 10 I sat down to write my blog. I took my evening supplements and then was ready for bed.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one my sister sent to me from our cousin Donna. *

No comments: