Monday, May 13, 2019

Unexpected X-rays

I got up thinking I had heard my phone alarm go off. But it was only 7. I brushed and swished, this time with coconut oil and a drop of clove oil. I took my supplements on a schedule, but stopped just short of breakfast. I got dressed and checked e-mail. I took the last dose of orotate minerals and refilled the pill minder.
At 9:55 I left the house and drove to the chiropractor. I sat in a squeaky chair to read my book while I waited. I was asked to fill out a progress sheet. I answered the questions and noted that I thought the laser and the decompression were negated by walking and sitting. Then the assistant called me back, but not to the laser room. She took me to the hall with the x-ray room. She put some sensors on me and asked me to do full range of motion movements. I did them guardedly because only last week the doctor was reminding me not to do any twisting. Then she said they were going to take x-rays. I said I wasn't prepared, hadn't taken the right supplements. But then I remembered that I had two packets of lypospheric vitamin C in my bag. I swallowed the contents of both packets and then went off to be x-rays. For some reason, the only part she x-rayed was my neck. She took a front shot and a side shot. Then she had me sit in the hall to wait for the doctor. He moved me to exam room 3 while he worked in exam room 2.
When he came to see me, I gave him a baggie of bamboo salt. I told him how disappointed I was that my foot hadn't made much progress in a month. I said that walking negated the benefits of the laser. We chatted while he adjusted my back. Oddly, he did not do my neck. I mentioned that my bursitis was gone. He said it was probably a pinched nerve.
He released me to a chair in the hallway. I waited for my turn in the laser room. When I got in, she was turning up the laser setting. Then she did my foot as usual. But it went on longer than usual and I had to lay back to protect my back. I guess the doctor wanted to make sure I got some benefit from the lasering. After the treatment, I went to the decompression room for a good stretch. It was ok. Then I took my file to the front desk. She said I had met my deductible and did not owe anything. I confirmed my appointment for Thursday and went home.
It was after noon. I made and ate breakfast. I finished the episode of Interconnected. I sat out in the sun for a bit. I looked up the recipe for magnesium water. I put the seltzer in the fridge. I had some pork and kimchi and pickled garlic for lunch. I put my homemade shampoo in an empty supplement container. I separated the recyclables and left them on the front porch for tomorrow. I realized I had never posted a pic of the bamboo salt on the Korean clinic website, so I took a bunch of pics using different fabrics in the background. It changed the color of the salt. In real life, it is purple, not blue.
Chris came home from work late, which means he stopped by the post office too late to pick up any packages from the front desk. He brought me ads and such. He said he might be late for the next 4 to 6 weeks.
I listened to an audio while playing Russian Solitaire. It made me sleepy, so after the audio finished, I laid down for a nap. My first thought was that it wasn't working, but then I did doze off.
I watched Chris mow the lawn. I was surprised because he did not raise the deck of the mower and the grass was pretty high. But he got through all of it before the battery ran down.
I made lots of salad and ate it while playing a version of Solitaire.
We watched two episodes of the newest season of Lucifer. Chris made his lunch and went to bed. I wrote my blog post. I examined my foot for laser burns but did not see any. I took my evening supplements and went to bed.

No comments: