Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Setting up the supplements

I got up soon after I heard my alarm ring in the distance. I took my supplements according to schedule. I treated myself for sensitivities to corn. I made up 7 days of supplements in the pill minders. I was substituting some of my stuff for hers and had to change the dosages by splitting the contents of a capsule into 4, 5 or even 6 parts. It was tough working with such small amounts.

At 10, I went to quilting. I was going to help Beverly cut her strips, but she was helping Anita and Robin to sandwich quilt tops. So I sat and talked to the other ladies who were sitting down. I asked them if old age meant always feeling some discomfort - in the feet, or the back, or the stomach, etc. They said it depends on the day.
I spent the most time talking to the lady who used to teach science. After she left, then I talked to Beverly. She didn't have much time left before going to work as a crossing guard now that schools are on half-days this week.
When I got home, I made and ate breakfast. I made up 10 days worth of supplements in small bottles to take on vacation. It was easier because I decided to a modified stack that I could take once in the morning and be done with it. The doctor wouldn't approve, but I don't want to ruin vacation with an unwieldy supplement regimen.
At 2, I went to the church to count money. When I got there, the secretary was just coming out. We agreed to see each other at the meeting tonight. I went to my box and found the moonstones that Jennifer put there. I got the money and the paper from the safe. I turned on the computer. Then Jennifer appeared in the doorway. We had a long chat about our favorite people to listen to on the internet.
After she left, I entered all the offering info into the computer. I printed out the reports. One of them came out differently and I had to stop and think about how to proceed. I decided it was ok and made two copies of it.
From the church, I went to the bank to deposit the cash and checks. And then I went home. I did not pass the farmer's market, although I would have liked to. It was too much walking.
Chris got home right after I did. I ate some chicken and kimchi as lunch. I read some e-mail. Then I got together some stuff for the meeting. I watered the plants, then got in my car.
I drove to the meeting of the modern quilt guild. It took longer to go down Jordan than to travel down University to the store. I parked and found a seat inside. A lady handed me a bag of scraps for dog beds. Linda, our church secretary came a few minutes later and sat near me. Soon the meeting started. For Show-n-tell, I presented the wool pressing mat and the shark purse. I passed them around for others to look at. Linda showed her plus sign blocks. I took pics of what other people brought. As the meeting progressed, I put stars on the program by things I wanted to check out later. After the meeting, Linda introduced me to Barbara who works at the base library. We chatted for a bit on the way out.
When I got home from the guild meeting, I made and ate two bowls of salad as supper. We watched two episodes of ST:NG. The second one was about the crew not getting any REM sleep and looking really tired. Chris fell asleep watching it and I was particularly tired myself. But I stayed up long enough to post to my blog (from scratch) and do a few stretches before heading off to bed.
* Our program tonight was about making a design wall. She is using a flannel back table cloth and insulation board. *

No comments: