Friday, May 17, 2019

Oh me of little faith

I woke up, probably hearing Chris shut the front door when he left. I tried to go back to sleep, but it occurred to me that it might be later than I thought. So I got up. The stones I had wrapped up to put under my pillow did not help me sleep, so I took two of them out and put them back in their bags. I left the other two inside the rolled up towel.
I washed up and got dressed. I took supplements and boiled water and soaked the next batch of sprouts. I did some tapping for clearing what I thought she was going to test me on today. I started watching something while I read e-mail. But soon it was time to go.
I looked at the packet of papers that the chiropractor gave me to give to my naturopath. I looked to see if they had included the paper with range of motion scores. There were papers I hadn't seen before so I quickly turned on the scanner and made copies. Then I walked out to the car with my handbag. At that moment I realized I had forgotten my folder, but I didn't want to spend the time to hobble back to get it. So I headed out to the doctor's office.
I was only a minute or two early. I read a page by the time she called me back. She tested me for the BBB vial and the Egg mix. I passed that. But instead of moving on, she said she would test me for the individual ingredients. And I failed chicken, which was part of the egg mix. So she treated for that. I kind of gave her a hard time about how I had no faith in her method of treatment and the computer program which said I was allergic to all these things. I said I hadn't noticed any improvement. She responded that it was ok, and if I decided not to continue that she would not take it personally. But she said this was the only way I would get better, and that my body just needed a lot of treatment to go deep into all the layers. Then she triggered all my existential issues by talking about faith and how she turns to God for everything and submits to his will even though she would like to be made well again. And I should do the same. She promised to pray for me. I told her how much anxiety I had over all the supplements I had to take and that it was going to be even worse on vacation. She said, literally, suck it up, buttercup.
When I left, I paid for the visit and bought another bottle of one of the supplements. Then I went home. I was very upset. I did a lot of tapping to calm down.
Eventually I went back to the video I had started. I made breakfast. I was going to do the exercised that the chiropractor had given me, but apparently I didn't bring them home. I called the office to ask them to e-mail me a copy, but got the message that they close early on Fridays.
I watched a video called Secret Ingredients. While it played, I put together colorful puzzles online. Then I put on another video. While it played, I sewed some of the binding for the banner. A quilting friend contacted me about needed a dress form. I took a pic of my older one and sent it to her. I got a text from Silvia. I ate some beef and sauerkraut. Then I talked to Linda. Chris came home from work. We talked about our plans for Memorial Day week. I called Dad to see how he was doing and to remind him to eat the rest of the fat bombs. Then I talked to Faye and told her our plans. Cecily called Chris to find out what our plans are and there was a discussion.
II watered the plants outside from the comfort of my rolling chair. I made and ate salad. Chris talked animatedly about the problems he faced at Chinhae. Then he killed the boss (it's a gamer thing) while I listened to a meditation audio and drank turmeric tea.
We watched the last three episodes of Lucifer. Kind of gory. I got hot flashes and was soaking wet. I had to sit with perfect posture because of pinched nerve pains in my back. Then I wrote to my blog and went to bed.
* I think my dress form needs a chiropractor. *

No comments: