Sunday, May 19, 2019

Taking steps

I got up and took a shower, discovered it was already 8:15. I put on grey pants to go with my grey athletic shoes. Then I searched for a top that would dress it up, but not so much that the shoes looked out of place. I took 45 minutes of supplements. I read e-mail, practiced my choir music, then went to church.
I walked in when the choir had just assembled. I sat on kneelers to practice the anthem. Then I got a bulletin and sat in my pew. Don did not come. I talked to the McCollums. They are each writing a book.
During the service, I stood on one foot to sing the anthem. Then I held up the line for communion so I could get a close spot at the rail. I would have motioned the people behind me to go ahead, but they needed a close spot too. Afterward the service, I sat in the pew waiting for people to clear out. Jennifer brought me an announcement for a lightworker talk. I handed in my choir folder. Scott talked to me about retiring. Him, not me.
I walked out the side of the church to where I parked. I drove home. Chris was still there, on his laptop. He asked me to write anything I needed on the grocery list. I put a few things on there and wondered what we should have for snacking in the car on the trip.
I listened to an interview with a rabbi about suffering. I treated myself for sensitivities to nightshades using a green tomato that fell off of one of my plants, plus a cashew and an orange sweet pepper. I made and ate breakfast.
The internet quit working after Chris went to the grocery store. I tried disconnecting from it. Then I tried putting my laptop to sleep. But it was so hot that I did not turn it back on. I went to the desktop and worked there. When Chris came home, he rebooted the router and was able to get back on the internet. Mine connected too. The keyboard was cool when I turned it on, but heated up pretty quickly. But Chris' laptop was hot, too and he thought nothing of it.
Chris needed bread for this coming week so I loaded the bread machine with flour and such. I looked for pictures of the plant growing outside my front door. Survey says: poison hemlock. I changed my clothes and put on shorts.
I added stuffing and finished sewing on the mouth of the shark. But it was unsatisfactory. There was too much fabric and it caused wrinkles. So I took out the mouth and the teeth. I folded quite a bit of white out of the way, then basted the teeth back on. Then I sewed the lining of the mouth between the rows of teeth. It was better.
I walked outside to water the plants. I felt a few rain drops and wondered why it was raining since my car windows are up. I tried stuffing the fins some more. Chris announced that the chicken was done, so I ate a leg and a wing. I played solitaire and jotted notes for my blog. I put two slices of pickled beets in a jar for the chiropractor.
After putting the food away, Chris and I sat in the livingroom to watch TV. I don't know how many episodes of The Good Place that we watched because they are short. Kind of like eating popcorn. But we cut it shorter than last night. My blog was basically written so I just added the last part and I was ready to go to bed.
* Poison hemlock. Why is it growing in my flower bed? *

No comments: