Saturday, May 4, 2019

He didn't turn the plane around

I heard heavy rain soon after Chris got up at 4am. After he had left, it occurred to me that my car window was down. I didn't have the energy to deal with it then. I went back to bed and slept until 8. I got up and dressed and found an umbrella. I carefully walked out to the car and put up the window. I took a moment to soak my foot in a puddle of cold water. Then I went back in the house.
I drank water and took my supplements on schedule. I saw a spider in the kitchen and texted Chris to turn his plane around and come home to evict it. There was no reply.
I read e-mail and listened to podcasts. Around 11:20, I made and ate breakfast. The rain stopped. I put some mostly dead plants outside in case there was a chance of revival. Chris texted me that he was at Marie's house and going somewhere with Michele. He also wanted to know if I evicted the spider, but I did not. I just left the kitchen until it went away.
When I had gone through most of the e-mail, I rolled to the livingroom to sit in the green chair. I tapped for all the feelings of frustration etc around the foot injury, hoping it would heal faster if there were no trapped emotions in there. I got very sleepy, so I rolled to the bedroom and laid down. I fell asleep with ease, which was nice.
I woke up not knowing what time it was because I had taken my watch off at some point. I got up and rolled to the kitchen. The stove clock read 2:00. I ate lunch, consisting of leftover seed crackers and goat cheese.
Then I went to Sew Day at the library. I had worried about having to walk, but I got a really close parking space and there was a chair just inside the door. Denise let me in, and she is a doctor so we talked about my foot, then she showed me the project she is working on. Then she got a call and had to leave. I talked to another lady at length. She thinks art is the only subject that teaches kids how to think outside the box. I turned in my charity blocks. I talked to Trina and then she left with her daughter. The main reason I went was to pick up dog bed stuffing, but no one had brought any. But I greatly enjoyed just being out and socializing.
Eventually the library announced closing time. She packed up and we left. I drove home, noticing that the car door was wet on the inside, as was the left side of the driver's seat.
I was looking forward to supper when Leanne called. She fell and pulled a muscle so she was having trouble getting around as well. We talked for awhile. I ate a can of soup and a banana and took supplements.
I called Dad. He and Patrick were doing recycling. Dad sounded just ok. But he had drunk his water for the day. I had finished off two quarts and was starting a third. I finished a video I had started yesterday. Then I watched Shark Tale, a movie from Lauri's collection. I paused it half way through to take melatonin, magnesium, and vitamin C. Then at the end, there was cool dance music. I enjoyed that. Afterward, I took the homeopathic remedies and posted to my blog. I checked for messages from Chris. And then I went to bed.
* Trina took a tied quilt that her grandmother made and had it fixed, given new batting and then quilted. *

No comments: