Monday, May 6, 2019

The right shoes make a difference

I got up sometime after the alarm went off. I brushed and swished and got a head start on the water. I made up 7 days of super minerals and took one. I had to divide the potassium capsules in 5ths to equate what is in Dr. Grey's formula. I used a small piece of paper rolled into a funnel.
I sorted through e-mail while resting my foot in the chillow. Then I listened to episode 10 of Money Revealed while heating my foot. I paused it to clean up and get dressed. Then I watched a little more before throwing a book in a bag and going to the doctor.
When I got there, the assistant indicated I should go to the laser room. But when I got there, someone was already in. So I sat in the chair in the hallway to read my book. When it was my turn, I explained that my foot was not benefiting from the laser and so could she do my spine instead. She said I would have to discuss that with the doctor.
My next stop was the decompression room. I didn't think that was helping either, but I went along with it since it didn't hurt. I laid there doing the mudra for relaxation. Immediately after the decompression, I was shown into exam room 2. I read my book again. My phone rang. It was Pat. I whispered that I would call her back.
When the doctor came in, I gave him the seed cracker recipe. He had me lay on my back. He said I should wear stiffer shoes. Then I rolled on my side so he could adjust my neck. Then over to the drop table so he could do the rest of my spine. He said he would adjust my foot when it got better.
He gave me the clipboard to take up front. I let the receptionist know that I did not have a laser treatment today. She seemed concerned. She went to see the doctor and came back saying I should have my foot lasered. I have only had 5 treatments and for some reason 7 is the magic number. I skeptically agreed. I hobbled back to the laser room and waited in line. She lasered my foot and I checked out again and went home.
When I got home, I called Pat back. She needed to come by and pick up some guild library books. I made and ate breakfast listening to the rest of the episode. The speaker said if people binge-studied their financial future like they binge-watch Game of Thrones or some other show, they would be in much better shape.
I watered the plants and moved some of them to a sunnier location, all from the comfort of my rolling chair.
Pat came over while I was listening to something else. I invited her in and we talked for some time. Hours in fact. I sat on the couch and tried to maintain proper posture. It was tiring. Then she had to go. I asked her to bring in the mail for me and she did.
I ate lunch even though it was supper time. I tried on stiffer shoes as the doctor suggested. I had tried them a week or two ago and could not get them on. But today I did. After a few steps, they became almost comfortable and I could walk. It was a great feeling, but I wondered if I dared trust it.
It made me so happy that I sat down and played the piano. William called to tell me about the fresh ground almond butter he gets at Fresh Market. We also talked about stiff-soled shoes. He recommended Hoka Bondi 5.
I made salad. I texted Chris and he called me. I jotted some notes for my blog. Then I put a DVD in the player. I watched Nanny McPhee Returns. It was definitely a kid's movie, but it was a bit diverting. And now there are only two of Lauri's movies left to watch.
I took the shoes off, heated my foot one last time, and went to bed.
* My petunias *

No comments: