Wednesday, May 8, 2019

It's a trade-off

I got up late, but I slept well. I took a shower and got dressed. I decided that I needed a better shampoo. I started the supplement routine. I had a few minutes to check e-mail. Then I packed my bag and went to the chiropractor.
I read a book while sitting in the waiting room. I was the only patient practicing good sitting posture. Then my phone rang. It was Dr. Lee saying I did not need to come help them today. Soon after the call, the assistant called me back to the laser room. She forgot to ask me what my pain level was, and just started lasering my foot. I told her that my pain was still a 3, but that I could get around more without it going up. She made a note.
Then I went to the decompression room. I laid on a table, having my back stretched, for 12 minutes, relaxing as best I could. Then I was put in exam room 3. I stood for a bit, then sat to read my book. When the doctor came in, I gave him a baggie with dried natto in it. We talked about that, and then kimchi. He adjusted my neck and back, but not a lot. I think he saves the big moves for the last visit of the week.
When I got home, I treated myself for any sensitivity to honey while listening to the first episode of Interconnected. Here are a few notes:
The composition of breast milk changes in response to the baby's developmental stage, and even to the particular cry. A healthy microbiome transfers downstream generationally through the birth canal. Breast milk is full of prebiotics to feed the good microbes. Getting the microbial 'inoculation' as an infant can affect health as an adult.
I watered the plants, but this time without my chair. I clipped the spent blooms from the lavender tree. I swept the floors to keep the dirt from catching up in my wheels.
I made and ate breakfast. I swept the bathroom floor because it was so dirty. Caked dirt was coming off of my right shoe. Afterward, I spread a towel on the grass in the backyard and laid on it to get some sun.
I found a gray minki item in my closet that would work for the shark project, but it made the white minki dot look too busy. So I rummaged through my bins and boxes until I found a piece of white velour that would work. I made changes to the instructions to neaten them up. I measured the pieces and calculated how much fabric was needed and added that to the instructions. I added seam allowances to the pattern pieces with a ruler, then cut them out roughly.
I listened to an interview on a QI machine. I ate some lunch. William called, probably just to talk. After he hung up, I went back to the audio, but then the doorbell rang. I rolled over there as fast as I could, but whoever rang it was gone. However there was a package from Swansons. I opened the box and put some of the things away. I added others to my pill box.
I sat with my foot up to rest it for choir practice later. However, sitting that way must have been bad for my back because it began to ache. So I skipped choir after all. Then Myra called me and we had a nice chat. We haven't talked in a long time. While we were chatting, Chris called. So after the chat, I called Chris back. He didn't have much to say. So we kept it short.
After the call, I watched the last of Lauri's movies: Hotel Transylvania. Then I sat down to write my blog and listen to a QnA from Money Revealed.
* This is the lavender tree before I clipped it. *

No comments: