Thursday, May 16, 2019

It's all in the neck

I got up just before the alarm went off. My ears were ringing and I thought Chris had left the router on. It was off when I checked. But maybe he had it on longer this morning than usual?
I swished with coconut and clove oils. I took my supplements. I treated myself for sensitivities to soy. I had the bone broth drink followed by the mix of coconut oil and colostrum.
I turned on the router. I checked e-mail. There was one from Chris asking me to forward the message I sent to Housing. So I did. I meant to also go to the Housing website and file a work order. Apparently e-mailing them is not sufficient. But I got distracted. First I got four texts on my phone from 4 different numbers that were oddly similar to mine. Each one said “Stop”. It must be some new form of spam. I looked that up on the internet but did not find anything. There were also texts from Jennifer. I started watching the last episode of Interconnected, but had to pause it just before 10.
I put my laptop to sleep and went to see the chiropractor. I sat in the waiting room and read my book. The test (in the book) I had taken yesterday said I had a gaba nature, but I didn't believe it, so I read about the dopamine nature. Then I got called back to a seat in the hallway. I read some more, and then went in for decompression. After 12 minutes of that, I sat in the hall again and got quite a bit of reading done. Then I went to the laser room. I remarked on the higher setting from last time to make certain she used it. It was my 10th and final session (unless I buy another package of 10). I went in an exam room to wait for the doctor. When he came in, I handed him a sticky note with info on something we had talked about last week. He showed me my latest x-rays and range of motion scores. He said I was doing really well. Scores for my lower back were better than normal for my age, right for someone in their 20's. What was still off was my neck. But it had gone down from 11 degrees off center to 3 degrees off. He gave me exercises for my back, but said not to do any twisting, and no exercises for my neck, yet. He was glad my foot was better, but no exercises for that, yet, either. It did not hurt to limp, but walking did, or any flexion. He adjusted my neck and back. Then he said I didn't need orthotics after all (which the preliminary report called for a month ago). I went to the front desk. They did not charge me anything. She gave me a packet of papers to give to my primary care physician.
On the way home, I stopped by the post office, but there was nothing in the box. I went home and found Chris there. He had brought me a package from the post office. We talked briefly and he left, I found the e-mail he wanted and forwarded it to him. I unpacked the box. I washed all the bowls in the sink. Then I made breakfast and finished the last episode of Interconnected.
I listened to a podcast on hydration. She recommended mixing ground chia seed with water or juice to make it more hydrating. I found two unheard messages on my phone. One was from CCAOM for Dr. Lee, so I sent him an e-mail with a form he needed to fill out.
I put on shorts and laid outside in the grass. The doctor had told me to spend 20 minutes a day lying on the floor with a rolled up towel under my neck. So that was my version of it. After 15 minutes, I thought I heard something in the house, so I went in.
There was no one there. I listened to an interview on EMF's, and one on tapping. Then I put on one about the microbiome. I turned it up so I could hear it in the livingroom. I searched for and auditioned dark orange fabrics and brown fabrics as a binding on the banner. I chose a brown print. I ironed it, then cut off 5 strips and sewed them end to end. I ironed it in half lengthwise. I pinned one edge of the banner and started sewing. Then I stopped and made a sleeve. I continued sewing binding until I reached the top of the quilt. Then I pinned the hanging sleeve on. After that, I finished the binding and joined the edges at the bottom of the banner.
Chris came home really late. He put something in the washer. I ate some goat cheese with seed crackers. I took the lunch supplements. There was a jar of coffee in the fridge that had been there over a month. I poured it into the watering can, diluted it, and used it on the flower bed. I hoped it would do some good.
Then I realized it was 7. There was a greeting on Skype from my tapping buddy. It was her turn to be the client, and I chose to use the 'tell the story' technique. But it went long, trying to catch all the elements of her event. By the time we finished, it was after 9.
We watched one episode of Lucifer. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to blog. Jennifer had told me she spent the last three nights with a moonstone under her pillow and she slept really well. So I searched the dining room table to find the little stones I had bought at the gem and rock shop. None of them were moonstones, but it was worth a try. A good night's sleep is priceless.
* This is from an ad. Everytime I see it, I want to make one like it. *

No comments: