Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The grown version of Michele

I slept pretty well last night, on cushions on the floor. I got up when I heard Chris get up. I started taking supplements. I did a clearing for gold, and went through the lower back exercises. I could not find my socks, so I just put on the shoes. I read a bit of e-mail until I was sure Cecily didn't need the bathroom for awhile, then I took a shower and got dressed. Cecily had mostly packed the day before, but she still had a few things to do. I deleted most of my e-mail, and packed my suitcase. I made breakfast in a small tub to take on the trip, along with my breakfast supplements. Al and Cecily packed their car and left about 9. Chris and I packed our car and left about 9:11.
We listened to a Janet Evanovich book on CD. I waited an hour, then ate my breakfast and took my supplements. I might have fallen asleep for a short period of time. And then we reached Marie's house. The Prius was nowhere to be seen, so Chris thought we passed his parents. But Al came out of the house and said their car was in the garage. He helped us unpack our car. Carol quit mowing the lawn to come and in see that we had what we needed. I carried luggage up to Michele's room, which she had theoretically moved out of. But looking around, you would never know. There were no empty flat surfaces and the closet was full of clothes. Al went to Subway and came back with subs and a salad. Cecily had already eaten her lunch. I ate with Al and Chris. Then Al and Cecily took Carol to the grocery store. Chris and I set up our laptops in the living room.
When they got back, Cecily turned on the food channel. I had a nice chat with Carol, then sat in the living room to read e-mail and ignore the food channel. I wondered if Cecily spends so much time watching food prepared that her brain was tired of it by supper and that's why she doesn't eat much.
Marie came home from Vietnamese language school. The dogs were happy to see her. She went upstairs to start her homework.
I sat in the sun on the back porch. I walked around the backyard, noting the lovely dandelion leaves. But the dogs probably peed on them so I did not pick any. I sat down again, and dozed off. Later, I went back in the house. Carol and Cecily were making supper. Cecily talked to me about something. I got a glass of water, then I sat in the living room again with my laptop. The news was on, but I donned headphones so I could listen to an audio. Later Cecily came to get my glass and refill it. She put it on the table for supper. Michele arrived. The dogs were happy to see her. As were her parents :)
Soon we were all seated at the table in the dining room. We held hands and Chris said the prayer. Then we ate chicken, salad, pea pods, rice and gravy. After the meal, Cecily brought out Chris' birthday cake. But this time Marie served the cake and ice cream. We sat around the table talking. It was nice to have Michele there. Then Marie went upstairs to do her homework. Cecily went to bed. Chris and Al and I talked to Michele. At one point, she accidentally set off her car alarm and had to go running out to turn it off. Al put a chair in her back seat so she would have one to go with her desk. Finally it was time for her to go home so she could get up in the morning. I took a selfie with her and she left.
Chris and I retired to our laptops again. I called my dad and he was ok, but had not eaten any fat bombs yet. Apparently the visiting nurse did not come back today as her note indicated she would. Patrick wasn't home yet either. After hanging up, I wrote my blog post for today and got ready to take the evening supplements.

No comments: