Saturday, May 11, 2019

A rainy sewing kind of day

It was a long and difficult night. I went to bed and turned on the sleep ap. I put on my mp3 headphones and tried to sleep, but an hour passed. I took off the headphones. I realized there was a bell ringing in my right ear. That's what happens when the router is on at night. So I got up to check, and it was on, so I turned it off and went back to bed. Well, I hadn't put on my shoes to check the router so my foot was complaining. I fell asleep later, but then woke up again. When I realized I was awake, I figured it meant a pit stop. So I did that. And as soon as I laid down, the restless leg feeling took over. Uggh! I tried to puzzle out how the two events were connected. I got up to have a sip of water. But after laying down, I realized it didn't work. Finally I had to get up again. This time I put on the shoes. I got some more water, some magnesium, and a little potassium. I always take magnesium before I go to bed, so why did I need more?
Anyway, that got rid of the RLS. I had trouble getting my mind calm enough to go back to sleep. Then when I did, the sleep app woke me up. Five minutes later, the alarm went off. But then I fell asleep and dreamed that I had trouble operating my phone. I was trying to call up the sleep app to see how I did last night. When I awoke at nearly 10, the app gave me a score of 51.
So then I started my day. I tried the spit test for candida. I got ready for the day and took supplements at intervals. I had to use the rolling chair because my foot was still irritated from last night. I treated myself for sensitivities to avocados. The spit test was negative (although that can be inconclusive). I worked on the shark purse. I read through the instructions and thought that the first line ought to read: if you value your sanity, do not use minki. There was minki fluff everywhere. I stay-stitched it where the zipper was supposed to go. I found a piece of red fabric and cut what seemed like the appropriate shape for a lining. The pattern did not call for a lining. So I had to look up videos on Youtube to watch zippers put in with lining.
I took a break to make and eat breakfast. I found some audios to listen to. The day started out sunny, but then the clouds came and it rained. For lunch I had some sprouts, kimchi, and four parboiled eggs. Thankfully Chris will be home tomorrow and will go shopping for me. Beverly called and we talked about the quilt she is currently working on. I told her about my night and she suggested I might wear my shoes to bed.
I hand-basted the zipper to the purse, then sewed it down with the machine. Then I sewed the lining together with a large stitch (in case I would have to take some of it out). I whip-stitched it to the inside of the zipper. Then I pinned the bottom of the shark to the top of the shark. It seemed to be ok. But I knew that somehow the fins and the straps (which I didn't have yet) needed to go into that seam.
I was tired, so I drank a lot of water and laid down for a nap. I figured the water would keep me from sleeping too long. Not long after I laid down, the door bell rang. It was my neighbor asking me if she could put up my car windows for me. I felt quite addlepated because it had been raining for some time and I never gave my car a thought. So I thanked her and handed her my keys. She put up my windows and she got my mail. God bless her.
I went back to bed, but could not sleep. As usual, my mind was jumping from subject to subject. So I got up. It was almost 8. I put on the next episode of Interconnected. I foraged for supper. I found some seed crackers and goat cheese, and then a can of tomatoes. I paused the episode to watch several episodes of Frazier. Then I turned off Frazier so I could post to my blog. Maybe the sound of rain will help me sleep tonight.
* Just a little something from the chiropractor's office on Thursday. *

No comments: