Thursday, July 4, 2019

A berry good Fourth of July

I used the Wholetones speaker last night. It must have come fully charged because it was able to run all night. I would get very drowsy but not quite fall asleep. It says it can take 21 days to fully take effect. Maybe it's better with headphones?
In the morning I got tired of it and shut it off. I went back to sleep and did not get up until almost 10. Then I brushed and swished as usual. Because it was so late, I had to truncate the usual morning routine. As soon as I finished breakfast, around noon, I put my machine in the car and headed to quilting.
When I got there, Pat was sitting there by herself. Other people had said they would come if she came with a key to open the door, but apparently not. Anyway, I brought in my machine and she brought in her quilt. While she quilted by hand, I struggled to get my machine to fmq. I would have given up, but I had already done half of the quilt so I knew there had to be a way. It helped a lot when I figured out how to lower the feed dogs. Then I stitched a couple of rows.
It was after 2:30 when we quit and packed up. She locked the door and we were off. I headed home. Traffic was light and the gate guard was chatty. He asked about Chris and we talked until someone came up behind me. Then I moved on.
When I got home, I messaged my neighbor to see if she wanted to pick berries. I checked e-mail while I waited for an answer. Then I got dressed, like before, and took a small basket and went to pick berries.
I went to the end of the neighborhood because that's where the best ones are. The neighborhood was strangely quiet. I found a forked stick which came in pretty handy for moving vines out of the way. I picked until my basket was full. Then I walked home, a little scratched. This time I could hear kids laughing and playing.
When I got home, I peeled off my sweaty clothes. I listened to part of an interview while drinking water. Dad called, probably in response to my message the other day. He was worried about a plant that is taking over the mailbox. But he did not say what kind of plant it was. He told me about thunder and rain. I said we were having sunshine.
Well, after the call, clouds came in and a light rain fell. I took a cold shower. Then I made salad and ate while listening to something from the retroviral summit. I started watching Dark Matter. I paused it when I heard fireworks. I went outside, in the light rain, to watch the fireworks from the space and rocket center. I was surprised that they were having them in the rain. But it went well. I missed some because of the trees. But I enjoyed them very much.
I finished Dark Matter and watched two episodes of Frazier. I researched products from Barlow Herbals. She has some very interesting tinctures. Then I wrote my blog post while playing the Wholetones music. It was finally time to go to bed. Happy Birthday, America.
* This is a pattern for sale on Etsy. *

No comments: