Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Would you eat a goldfish to pay off the mortgage?

I got to bed late last night because I started reading a book and couldn't stop. I laid down in my bedroom and my head was ringing. I thought the living room might be better, but my head rang there too. So I ended up sleeping in the guest room. My head didn't feel any better there, but I was too tired to get up and move.
I woke up before the alarm went off. I started my morning routine, but made the mistake of picking up the book again. Sigh. It made coffee morning run late. I tapped and caught up on the new meditation series that Oprah and Deepak are running. I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen while listening to a podcast. I took a shower and got dressed. Then I went to the Korean clinic.
Dr. Grace was there alone. She wanted me to renew her student loan deferment. It was difficult to access her account because it asked security questions that we didn't pick and there was no answer to – at least not in English. So I called and got someone to reset it. I picked some new questions for her. Someone came in for help and she went off to treat her. Then a couple came in. They were curious about the business and wanted a flyer, but there wasn't one. I explained foot baths and acupuncture treatment and the bio-meridian scan. They said they'd come back tomorrow for a foot bath. They left and Doctor Lee arrived, fresh from the dentist. He wanted me to fill out a form to apply for a booth in the Exchange. I filled it out and wished him luck. It would be a better spot than they have now. Before I left, he gave me onion juice and jujube juice. He told me to take them straight home to my fridge.
I guess I can't follow directions, because I stopped at the post office to pick up the mail; all of which ended up in recycling. When I got home, I put the juice packets in the fridge. I put the trash can back in place and got our mail. There was a package for me containing hydrogen water tablets. I returned William's phone call. I ate some pumpkin seeds and opened the second coconut. It looked old on the outside but was still good on the inside. I drank the water and scraped out the meat. I listened to more podcasts. I found a foot pump for inflating an air mattress and made a rocket launcher out of it. I gently launched the rocket in the living room and a fin fell off, so I hot-glued it back on. It was too wet to go outside.
At 5:30 I got ready to go. I took a paper filled with numbers with me. On the way I practiced in my head how I was going to explain that I had no estimates of budgets for the various ministries. Basically, there just isn't enough data. However, when the meeting started, only Portia had numbers, and her idea was to assign one number to a bundle of 5 ministries. Then we needed more info from Property and Worship before we could meet again. On the way out, Will proposed collecting a special fund to pay down the mortgage faster, in payment increments. There was a suggestion that it might be more interesting if someone would offer to swallow a live goldfish every time we collected enough to make an extra payment. Someone else suggested an ice bucket challenge. I am glad it wasn't me they wanted to dump ice on!
When I got home, I ate some seed crackers. I listened to more of the previous podcast, but paused it around 8 to watch Dark Matter and Frasier. Chris interrupted on Skype and we had a nice chat. He showed me the t-shirt he got from the chapel hike last weekend. I wrote to my blog and listened to Wholetones. I downloaded the audio file that put me to sleep the other day and loaded it to my mps headphones. I took some supplements and got ready for bed.
* This is something Jodi brought to show as a gift idea. I guess they are placemats? *

No comments: