Friday, July 12, 2019

Last treatment

My phone woke me at 7:30. I wanted to go back to sleep, but there just wasn't time. I washed up and got dressed. I took some supplements and checked e-mail for a short time. Then I put a book in my bag and headed out. When I opened the front door, there was a box from Amazon. I wondered how long it had been there. I shoved it inside and locked the door. Then I got in my car and went to the doctor.
I may have been a few minutes early. But I didn't wait long before Dr. Jarvis came to the waiting room to get me. She took me to the usual room to get an allergy treatment. She asked about my ear and I said it still itched. So she decided to do the flowers-parasites treatment again. She gave me a white mask to wear outside afterward so I would not be exposed to flowers or their pollen. I was supposed to avoid them for the next 25 hours. I paid, but did not make another appointment. I wonder how long it will take before she realizes I am not coming back.
I went home. I checked e-mail again. There was one from Chris reminding me to pay the rent. I wrote a check and put my mask back on, plus a pair of quilting gloves. I drove to the Housing office and handed the check to a woman who was on the phone. I considered driving to the post office, but decided to wait, just in case more mail would come in during the day.
I made and ate breakfast while listening to interviews and podcasts. I turned up the volume and worked at my sewing table: cutting up jeans to make dog beds and using the leftovers to stuff them. I also cut some batting into strips. I also composed and printed the labels that Pat asked for. I sent her an e-mail and she said she'd pick them up next week.
I called Wholetones customer service. I told her my concerns and she insisted that the unit was not voice-activated. She said I just needed to get used to hearing it at night. And no, there was no alternative music selection that had a more consistent volume.
About 3:30 I went to the post office with my mask still on. There was some mail, and a yellow slip. I took it to the counter to exchange it for a package. When I got back, I opened it to find supplements. I also opened the box from this morning. It had a big box of flax seeds and a massage ball. I took the ball out of its packaging and pinioned it between my back and the wall. I was able to find a few sore spots that way, and work them out.
William called. He was in a mood to share. I guess Chris had the same idea because he skyped me. We talked while he made pork and barbecue sauce for a gathering at Herberth's tomorrow. I also got to watch him eat supper. So I ate half a sweet potato and some pumpkin seeds. I asked about his successor and apparently there is a hold up. Chris might not get back before October.
I watched a DVD from Netflix called The Boy Who Could Fly. It was a little cheesy, but clean. Some of the actors looked familiar so I looked them up on the internet. (They are a lot older now). The rain hit hard. I guess I needn't have worried about my plants getting water. I called Dad, but he did not answer.
Then I listened to Wholetones while I typed up my blog post and got ready for bed.
* This is my latest toy - a massage ball. *

No comments: