Tuesday, July 23, 2019

No heart for me

Last night, after I had written my blog post, Chris called while I was listening to the book on CD. After we talked, I put the laptop to sleep and listened to a few more tracks. Then I gave up and went to bed because it wasn't working.
I slept pretty well, once I fell asleep. I did not wake until almost 7:30. I got up to start the usual routine. Thinking Rhonda was coming to collect quilt tops, I put my blue one in a bag with blue backing. Then I went to see the Tuesday group.
But it was the wrong week. She is coming next week. I pulled out my orange blocks and a cutting mat to square them up. But they were not wide enough and it stymied me. Such a thing threatens the whole design. Anyway, Beverly arrived and started showing me the quilt top that she worked on during Retreat. Then Anita made announcements. One of them was that there was fabric on the table that needed a new home. Beverly and I got up to do our part. I picked out some yellow and orange for the current quilt, and some blue and brown for a different project already in progress. Beverly told me all about her retreat. She had a lot of fun, but not much sleep. Sadly that would be a deal-breaker for me.
When I left there, I went to the Asian market for kimbap. I took it home and ate it while checking e-mail. I started making breakfast, but got a phone call. Then I got busy with the printer. I printed out a sheet for Susan to read, plus scanned in a pattern from Beverly, then did three copies of a blank offering sheet. I also checked my fabric stash for reddish orange fabrics to complement my current project.
I packed for the afternoon and headed to church. No one was there so I got right to work. There wasn't a lot to do. I entered all of Sunday's offerings in the computer, and printed out reports. Then I went back to January and moved a new member's offering data from Loose Cash to their new number so they would get credit.
Just before I finished, Elaine arrived. We went back to the garden room. We treated each other for sensitivities to whatever we brought. She found she was much less sensitive to perfumes. Then I painted her toenails so she could go on a date with her husband.
From the church, I went straight to the bank to deposit the money. It was too close to 5 for my comfort. But afterward, I back-tracked to the farmer's market and parked on the other side of the railroad. Previously I felt a little uneasy climbing over it with my foot so recently injured. But today it was in perfect shape and the uneven footing bothered me not at all. I gave quick glances at produce as I made my way to the meat stand. She had saved a heart for me. But she kept giving her attention to other people. Finally she told me the heart was too deep in the freezer for her to get it out and she offered me a selection of livers. I got a beef and a lamb. She also had tomatoes and cucumbers so I bought some vegetables too. Then I went to the goat farm stand and got cheese. Then I went home.
It was after 5. I drank some water, then went out to mow. To change things up, I mowed on a 45 degree angle. While I was mowing, the neighbor came out to mow as well. But his push mower made no sound since it did not use gas or electricity.
When I came in, I ate my second meal of the day – salad. I had a lot of veggies on the brink of going bad. I threw in some chicken. Then I sat down to read e-mail. Looking up videos of how to make a parachutes for a stomp rocket, I got caught up watching more acrylic pour videos. It seems I just have to try this, even though it means going to a craft store for supplies.
Chris interrupted a video and we chatted on skype for awhile. He had been having mandatory fun, which means his presence was required at a dinner. But it went well, he said. After he hung up, I finished the video and watched one episode of Frasier. Then I turned on Wholetones and wrote my blog post. I took a few last supplements, and decided to read before going to bed.
* This is Anita holding up Beverly's paper-pieced star. *

No comments: