Friday, July 19, 2019

Library visit

I used my mp3 headphones to play the audio while I tried to sleep. But I could not find it amongst all the other audios on the player. I remember shutting it off after a while and trying to sleep without it. I woke up once in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, then went back to sleep. I woke up again before the alarm went off. I got up anyway.
I amended my supplement sheet and printed a new copy. I had been negligent recently and missed a bunch of things I usually take. Then I turned my attention to printing out a sheet of 8th inch graph paper. But the lines were in blue and my printer is out of colored ink. So I tried to change the blue to black. I did internet searches on how to do it in Paint. But none of those techniques worked. I could not do it on the desktop or the laptop. So I tried to alter the printer to grayscale. That was problematic as well, and when it did print, it wasn't accurate. I had already tried drawing my own lines, and that didn't work either because the programs didn't have eighth inch grids to follow. I gave up.
I made and ate breakfast. Then I remembered I got a message last night from Myra, so I called and was able to get her. We talked for some time, but the connection was not so good. It started to rain. After the call, I cut more batting into strips in case I want to make a jelly roll rug. The trimmings went into dog beds. I also cut up some old underwear and put that in the dog beds, too. Then I started cutting green batik strips.
I put on an audio and cut several sets of blue strips. Then I took a break and went to the post office. What I found there was just ads so it went into the recycling container there at the facility. On the way home, I stopped at the library on an impulse. I had finished the book I was reading and hoped the library would have the next one in the series. They did not, but were able to order it. I picked out a book from a shelf and a book on CD, since those always seem to put me to sleep.
When I got home, I wanted to go for a walk and I got dressed for one, but could not decide what path to take. The grass seemed dry to the touch so I mowed instead. Well, it wasn't dry underneath and the mower battery wore down before the yard was finished. I plugged it in to recharge.
I went back to listening to interviews. There sure are a lot this week. I made a batch of hummus which turned out pretty good. Then I made a batch of seed crackers. And that turned out well also. I shaved 5 minutes off of the bake time because the organic eggs were a little smaller. I kept listening as I cut up the chicken into small pieces.
Somehow Youtube got me watching dirty pour paint videos. Fascinating designs can come from a strainer! I heated a can of soup and put some of the chicken in. It was quite good and really hit the spot.
I pulled myself away from the never-ending paint videos and watched Dark Matter. I then started an episode of Frasier. Chris called on Skype, having left work at 8. He said he'll be working tomorrow as well because stuff has to be ready for next week. I finished Frasier, and watched more paint videos. I had to pull myself away again to type up my blog. I took a few supplements before getting ready for bed.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one of Jody's Christmas tree skirt. *

No comments: