Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Skimming the scams

I read for a long time last night, but it did not make me sleepy. I went to bed around midnight, with Wholetones playing. I woke up a little before my alarm went off. I read some more, while swishing, I exercised and meditated and tapped. I cleaned the bathrooms. I took a shower and got dressed. It was sunny out, so I took a surgical drape outside and sprayed it with basting glue. Then I covered it with a piece of plastic to make it waterproof. I left it to dry in the sun.
The glue nozzle got stuck and would not stop spraying so I turned the can upside down. My hands got all sticky. I washed them with lots of soap but some stickiness remained. I decided it was a good time to wash dishes by hand. I put on the first episode of Pain Revealed, which was mostly about stem cell therapy. The segment showing them harvesting the fat cells was a little disturbing. I washed all the dirty dishes and wiped the counter tops. Then the stickiness was gone.
I left the house and drove to the Korean clinic. She wanted me to check on her student loan and make sure she did not have to pay this year. I had submitted forms last week and hoped they would e-mail her soon with an answer. She got a phone call which claimed to be from the loan company. But I searched the number online and determined that it was a scam.
Then he told me people from Atnt came asking to see his bill and telling him to call a special number to get his bill lowered. It sounded highly irregular to me. I called the number printed on his bill. The special promotion had something to do with Google Fiber, but it was not in his best interest to sign up for it at this time. Then he offered me a detox foot bath. I accepted gratefully.
She told me I had quoted the wrong prices to the people who came in last week. I did not know they had raised their prices. She plans to raise them again if they get a place on the arsenal. She also asked what category holds phrases like 'side by side', 'face to face', 'one on one', etc. I couldn't think of anything. I did a search but nothing came up.
When I was ready to leave, she gave me a month's worth of moringa tea. I thanked her and left. I went to the post office to check our mail. I also tried to buy some train stamps but they were out. Then I went home. I had a drink of water, then went for a walk. When I got back, I started making a salad for supper.
William called to tell me about the washer and dryer he bought off of Craig's List. I called Dad to wish him happy birthday but he did not answer. Kurt texted that they were out to dinner so I asked him to pass the birthday wishes along.
I listened to a whole CD of the book on CD. While it played, I toyed with some numbers for my next quilt. I watched a few paint videos and sent a short one to the Korean doctor. Then I watched an episode of The Good Witch, followed by Frasier. Chris interrupted on Skype. We talked for a little while. Then he had to go apply for more jobs online. I finished Frasier and watched more acrylic pouring videos. I really want to try this!
Then I sat down to write to my blog. I decided to read some more, although the light at night is not so good. Then I did some stretches and went to bed.
* This is an example of an image made from pouring acrylic paints. *

No comments: