Thursday, July 18, 2019

What to do with dry chicken

I think I slept pretty well last night. I woke to my alarm going off. I started my morning in the usual way. After I turned on the router, I put on a podcast and mended pillows while listening. I took supplements. I wrote on a birthday card and put it in the mail. I deleted e-mail and read some of the shorter ones. I made breakfast at 11. Then I got ready for quilting.
William called just as I was leaving. I talked to him for a few minutes, then had to go. I drove to the Thursday quilting group. I had a good time talking to the ladies as I made orange stack-n-whack blocks. Finally, only Christy was left. I packed up my stuff and put away cords and such. She packed up her stuff and I headed out.
On the way home I stopped at Whole Foods for an organic rotisserie chicken. It smelled so good! I couldn't wait to get home and dig in. But when I did, it was dry. Even the dark meat. But maybe rabbit would be juicier. I say that because when I got home, I noticed all my basil had been chewed off at the ground level, leaving the stems wilting in the sun. I gathered them up and put them in water. I did an internet search on rabbit repellent. Apparently they don't like the smell and taste of garlic.
I listened to a podcast while I ate some other things. After the podcast, I decided to listen to the thing that put me to sleep the other afternoon. I set a timer so I wouldn't sleep too long. Then I laid on the couch and put on headphones. But it didn't work as well this time. I heard the end of the audio. Then I got up and shut off the timer.
I put on another interview and cut strips of batting to usable widths. I got an e-mail from my tapping buddy that she was tired and wanted to skip our session. Although I hadn't fallen asleep, or not for long, I was still lethargic. To get my energy back, I took a walk around the circle. The rain had stopped and did not start again until after I got back.
I felt a little better. I put on another podcast, and had some watermelon. I skyped Chris but he did not answer. My dad called. He was coherent, but not as good at the other night. I went outside to trim some grass by the fence. Then I came in and called Chris again. Still no answer. I watched Dark Matter. I called Chris one more time. This time he answered right away. We chatted for a bit. He suggested I shred the chicken and put it in soup. But he was anxious to get to the job announcements, so I let him go. Then I watched two episodes of Frasier. I dissolved a hydrogen tablet in water and drank it. I hoped I had a balloon somewhere and could try inflating it that way. I took more supplements and brushed my teeth. I wrote my blog post and got ready for bed.
* I didn't take any pics today so here is one of the rockets from Tuesday, parachuting back to Earth. *

No comments: