Saturday, July 27, 2019

Estate Sales

Even though I went to bed really late last night, I woke up early. So I started my morning routine early. Housing sent an e-mail a few days ago saying that anyone could have a yardsale today because it was the last Saturday of the month. So I put on my fanny pack and went for a walk, looking for sales. I found one a few streets over. I almost missed it, but there was sign out front. It wasn't just an open garage door. I went inside. They had tools, kids stuff, kitchen stuff, books and clothes. I bought a t-shirt, a quilt book, and two folders.
As I was walking toward the circle and deciding which way to go, I got hailed by a car. It was Stacey and Eric, looking for yard sales. I told them about the one I had been to. She invited me to go with her to estate sales and I agreed.
I walked home, not seeing any more sales. I puzzled out a pink and blue border for the quilt top. I finished my morning supplements and made breakfast, not knowing when she would call. For some reason, I could not finish breakfast. I went back to quilting and listened to the next episode of Pain Revealed. There was a lot of talk about exosomes this time, and breath-holding practices.
Stacey sent a text that she wanted to leave at 1. So when it rolled around, I turned off my sewing machine and walked over to Stacey's house. She called up the first sale on her phone, and we followed the map to Green Mtn rd. We stopped at two yard sales on the way and I got a mop.
The first was a large house, and the estate sale was almost over. Still, we looked around upstairs and down and in the garage. It was pretty picked over. Still, we each found a few things. Then we went to the second one, which was on the other side of town. Again, we each found a few little things. She got something for her husband. On the way back from the second one, she said we could stop at one place of my choosing. So I chose the Humane Society Thrift Shop. I found some paints there. There were dogs walking through and a cat napping in a chair. She got a drink from the machine.
When we were on our way back, I realized I did not have my ID, or my driver's license. She said I didn't need either since she had a military ID. I had my doubts, but the guard took one look at her ID and let us through.
When I got home, I ate a bit of lunch. I put the kitchen cutting mat I had just bought on my cutting table. I ran my rotary blade through a foil wrapper, turning it to confetti to sharpen it. Then I cut strips for the next border and sewed them on. I ate liver and onions for supper. I watered the plants out front and in back. I got sleepy and laid down for a bit. I read the last chapter of the book “The Girl from Everywhere”. I checked e-mail.
I watched three episodes of Frasier. I took my evening supplements and wrote to my blog. I called Chris, but he didn't answer. I was tired so I put my computer to sleep, and got ready for bed.
* I did not buy it, but I did come across a calculator that I can see without my glasses. *

No comments: