Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Tick toxins

I found a tick last night, in a most personal place. It was tiny but caused me a lot of consternation. I pulled it out and it went flying. But probably lost it's head. Well, better it than me.
I went to sleep hoping everything would be all right. I woke up before the alarm went off. I cleaned the dining room table, or rather part of it. I dealt with papers and such that I had been avoiding. I moved my laptop to the side of the table.
Then I put on some meditation music and proceeded with coffee morning. I exercised, tapped and meditated. I cleaned, and took a shower. I got dressed and made breakfast. I went to see the Korean doctors. I asked for a detox foot bath. He said yes, but just then a man walked in, looking for relief from back pain. So I sat in the foot bath area and waited until Dr. Lee needled the man. Dr. Grace took me out front to tell me something. Then Dr. Lee called me back, with the foot bath ready. I soaked my feet for 30 minutes while the machine pulled heavy metals from my body. Or so they said. Maybe it gets out tick toxins too. She gave me six small tomatoes to eat while my feet soaked. Later she gave me some dried jujube fruits. When the foot bath ended, I got the foot massage machine and the shoulder massager. It was not as good as a massage from a real person, but I enjoyed it anyway.
She wanted to take another whack at my mole since the skin is not completely smooth there. I let that go. He showed me an e-mail from the landlord who wanted him to sign a form. English is my first language, but this was written in such legalese that I could not fathom it. I looked up words like attornment and non-disturbance. I surmised that the document meant to say that if the landlord defaulted on a proposed loan, the tenants would continue on the same terms as before, but paying the bank instead. I told him it was ok to sign it.
On my way out, Dr. Grace showed me her new car. She had taken her old car (100,000 miles) to the Cadillac dealership and they wanted $4000 to fix it, so instead she bought a $41,000 car. She said business was good this week and it must have been. I stopped at the post office on the way home, but there were only ads in the box.
When I got home, I checked the house mail. I found a package with a Wholetones speaker in it. It is supposed to be fantastic at putting people to sleep.
I wanted to pick more blackberries. To avoid the chicks and tiggers (I mean, ticks and chiggers), I put on pantyhose under my heavy pants. I put homemade bug spray on my arms. I took a basket and went walking. The bushes I found looked a little picked over. And the berries were not big. So I didn't get much. When I got home, I mowed the lawn, seeing as I was dressed for it. As I mowed, white flies flew up from the grass. I was hoping they would find better breeding grounds elsewhere. Afterward, I stripped off the sweaty garments and took a cold shower. Not one new tick or chigger bite.
I laid down for awhile under the fan, cooling off. Then I checked e-mail. Chris called me on Skype. He has the day off tomorrow, but the electricity will be shut down for maintenance. I made salad for supper. But I could not eat all of it. The rest had to go in the fridge.
I watched two episodes of Dark Matter and one of Frazier. I plugged in my new Wholetones to charge. I wish I had done it earlier. I made some tea to take my supplements. I typed up my blog post.
* Heavy metal foot bath. *

No comments: