Saturday, July 13, 2019

Good night

Last night I set my alarm to 8:30 so I could have an extra sleep cycle. Well, I woke around 7. I got up to pee and drink and went back to bed. But no sleep. I went around the house finding towels and discarded clothing to put in the wash. I started with a white load. I took supplements, read e-mail, and eventually made breakfast.
I dressed for ticks and chiggers. I put the Netflix DVD in the mail and checked our box. Then I went to pick berries. There were not many black ones, but still some red ones.
As I neared my house on the way back, I saw my neighbors leaving. They looked like they were going to the beach, but they said they were going to the pool. I went inside and had an idea. Since they were both gone, I could sunbathe in the back yard. But as soon as I got suitably dressed, the sun went behind a cloud. I spread my towel and clipped grass at the edge of the lawn. I was certain the sun would come out again, but then raindrops dashed my hopes. So I went in.
I did a colored load and folded the white load. Beverly called. She and Anita attended a big fabric sale. I did not go because I knew I would buy fabric and have nowhere to put it. Anita was looking for items the ladies might want to make for Christmas and I promised to bring a box.
I listened to a podcast. Then Dad called. He was concerned that his socks were still in the washer and Patrick was not there to run the dryer. On a positive note, he sounded very coherent.
I ate the good parts of two avocados while listening to the next podcast. Chris called me on Skype. We had a nice long chat. He said he'd had a few glasses of some alcoholic fruit drink that Herberth made. After the call, I ate some sauerkraut and pumpkin seeds. I wanted a can of soup, but they all had black pepper in them. I didn't feel like cooking and the rain kept me from picking poke leaves to stir fry.
I was going to put on some music to sew by and Youtube suggested a video on how to trick your brain into falling asleep. I read a lot of the comments, too. I almost went to bed early just to try them out. Instead, I finished the last dog bed which I found on my ironing board. I did not have enough to stuff it with though.
I watched one episode of Dark Matter and two of Frasier. I started the Wholetones device a little early. I swished and posted to my blog. Then I got ready for bed.
* Pat thought this was the funniest thing. *

No comments: