Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Itching for relief

Last night I put on a Youtube audio of sleep music. I left the router on because the desktop is hardwired for ethernet. I could just barely hear the music in my bedroom. I don't know if it helps with sleep since the bites on my legs were so itchy that I had trouble sleeping. When I did sleep, I woke up scratching. I tried several things but nothing did much.
I woke up before my alarm went off. I tried to go back to sleep but that didn't work so I arose and soon heard my phone alarm in the next room. I used a hot spoon to stop the itching. I wish I had thought of it last night. I listened to the next episode of Pain Revealed. They mentioned stem cells again today, but also hyperbaric oxygen.
I took mimosa pudica every half hour during coffee morning, meditation and tapping. I washed dishes. I was going to mop the floor with a cheap sponge mop from a yard sale. But the mop head was too wide for the bucket. So I used the new string one from Publix. It cleaned really well and was easier to wring out that I supposed. I took a shower and read e-mail until my hair dried. Then I got dressed and went to see the Korean doctors.
It was raining when I left, but not so much when I arrived at the clinic. They were happy to see me. I showed her the tick bite. She wanted me to check on her student loan. As usual I had trouble logging into her account. Nothing had been done. I made a call and the rep assured me everything would be fine.
Then Dr. Lee offered me a foot bath. Dr Grace gave me the box of coconut curry packets that they bought but thought were too spicy. I put it in my car, then sat down for the foot bath. A lot of black stuff came out. Heavy metal, he said. Before I left, he gave me two of their special onions to treat the bites with.
I went to the post office on the way home. Something for Chris and something for recycling. When I got home, I found a package on the front porch from Amazon. For some reason I never got around to opening it. I checked the house mail and there was the coldlaser that I had ordered. I used it on one of the bites and a mole. I boiled one of the coconut curry packets for 5 minutes and left it to sit while I dealt with other stuff that needed putting away. Then I poured the contents into a dish and added chopped liver. It was not bad at all. It did not seem spicy to me, which is why the doctors didn't want it. Then I made a salad and ate it while listening to something.
I sewed some squares together into 16-patches. I sorted through several of the fabric tubs in the garage. I separated out the yardage from the leftovers. There were lots of calicos and ginghams, and such. Not really my taste. One tub was full of patriotic fabrics. I figured I could pass that on to a QOV group.
At 8, I was still sorting fabrics. When I stopped, I put on Royal Pains. It was good, so I watched another episode. Just as I was about to queue up Frasier, Chris called on skype. We talked a bit while I rubbed my bug bites with a piece of onion. That did not seem to take the itch away. I used the laser pen again, on some bites and some acupressure points. Then it was time for bed.
* More heavy metals this week than last week. *

No comments: