Tuesday, October 8, 2019

An eveing on the phone

Last night I took extra CBD oil sublingually and triple the amount of melatonin. I think I might have fallen asleep faster. I woke up a little groggy in the morning. I got up late to do the usual morning stuff. I got dressed and read some of my e-mail. Then I threw two projects into a bag for quilting. But as I tried to leave, I saw that one of the shepherd's hooks had fallen against the screen door and it wouldn't open. I pushed and jiggled and it finally backed off enough that I could get one arm out to pull it away. Then I pushed it back in the ground, which was now softer from the rain.
I drove to quilting. It was the usual crowd. I pulled up a chair and took out my red quilt for binding. The conversation was the usual stuff. Then one by one, people left. I stayed until after 11, then packed up to go get kimbap. When I got it home, I measured my blood sugar at 88. Then I drank a bit of vinegar and sprinkled some cinnamon on my kimbap. With these precautions, I ate the kimbap with kimchi. I also made and ate breakfast. Then it was time to go to church. Just before I left, I took another measurement. It was 194.
I collected all the things I thought I would need, and left for church. When I got there, I sat down to enter all the offering information into the computer. I printed out the reports and filed them in the appropriate boxes. Then I checked my phone. Elaine said she was sick so wasn't coming.
I went to the bank to make the deposit. I had to wait in line and then the actual deposit took extra time because someone filled out their check in a confusing way.
When I got home, I measured glucose one last time and it was 126. I wondered if the vinegar and cinnamon kept my blood sugar from spiking as high, or if I just didn't measure at the right time.
I read barefoot in the back yard until I saw a tick climbing on my book. It was time to come in. I listened to interviews while sewing borders on to the challenge project. Then I layered it and tried to free-motion quilt. But the shaft kept getting in the way of the template. I needed to switch machines. I put on another interview on mold while making and eating a salad. There was kale in the salad and that became a problem later on.
Chris called on Skype. We talked amidst the intolerable buzzing of his fan. Afterward, I called Al. We talked about aging, and Michele's house-hunting and Thanksgiving. Then I called Dad. Dad rambled on for quite a while Kevin and a casserole. I could not figure out what he was talking about. I talked to Patrick and he didn't know either. I think Dad was confused. He said he hadn't eaten all day except for 3 subs he found in the fridge (which were probably sub quarters). Patrick said he hadn't taken his meds either.
I watched the rest of a video on digestion. I took some supplements, then I watched an episode of Frasier. I turned down the AC and took CBD oil and melatonin. I wrote my blog post, brushed my teeth, and got ready for bed.
* Thelma made this for her new granddaughter. *

No comments: