Thursday, October 31, 2019

A Heart on Halloween

Last night I hung my head over the edge of the bed to get more blood into it. Just in case Dr. Lee was right about my head not having enough blood. Well, my sinuses filled with fluid, but that dissipated once I laid my head on the mattress and tried to fall asleep. I say 'tried' because I laid awake for over an hour, as usual.
I woke up before the alarm, but not by much. I got dressed and brushed and swished. I found the vitamin powder that I made last night had congealed like brown sugar. So I swallowed some and dissolved the rest into a bottle of water to be sipped on throughout the day. Then I sat at my laptop and read e-mail. I tested the finger lights. They all worked but some were brighter than others. I separated out the brightest ones for handing out first.
At 9:30 I had a phone call from Evan Brand. He is my new health practitioner. We talked about symptoms and health history. Then he told me the tests he wanted to run and why. He suspects a mold problem. After the call, his staff sent me an invoice for the consult and tests, which will be mailed to me. I paid by credit card. It was expensive, but at least I will get some answers.
I made and ate breakfast, listening to the rain. But it stopped before noon. I got to quilting a little early. There was fabric to be given away on the table. I picked up some. Rhonda was out of the room, so I put the Boo box at her place. I asked the other ladies not to tell. When Rhonda came back in, they all said they saw nothing. I was talking to Pat, so tried to look like I wasn't watching. I got out the featherweight that she sold me and told her how it was working perfectly now that the bobbin winder was in the correct position.
We packed up early and I did not get any sewing done. I stopped by the WalMart neighborhood store for chia and hemp seed. Then I went home. Knowing it was going to freeze, I put most of the plants in the garage. The smaller ones in back went to the dining room. I left two hanging mums out for Halloween. I also policed the front porch area so no one would trip on anything.
I listened to a podcast while I wrote myself a recipe for yogurt and then made it. Once it was started, I made seed crackers for Sunday. While they were baking, I called Faye. Inexplicably, she was having warm weather there. It was nearly freezing here. She was passing out candy to trick-or-treaters.
Soon after I hung up, I turned on the light. My first trick-or-treaters arrived. After they left, I called up some Halloween music on the desktop. I added some other toys to my bowl of fingerlights. I brushed my hair over my face and put on glasses. I listened to a podcast on my laptop, stopping it each time the doorbell rang. Then I would jump up, put on the glasses and answer the door. All the lights in the house were off. And somehow, I lost my glasses in the dark.
At 8 I brought in the last two mums. I turned off the porch light and turned on the indoor lights. I still could not find the glasses. I finished the podcast, and started watching Royal Pains. Stacey texted me that I was invited to dinner tomorrow and did I want to bring a heart to smoke? So I found a beef heart in the freezer and took it over. It seemed somehow appropriate to be walking around with a raw heart on Halloween. We talked for awhile, then she watched me walk home.
I resumed watching the show. Then Chris called. We each shared our day, and then promised to talk again tomorrow. I finished the show and wrote my blog post. Then I got ready for bed.
* Cousin It strikes again. *

No comments: