Thursday, October 3, 2019

I hit the meat jackpot

I tookonly half the gaba the doc recommended last night. It still took an hour or more to fall asleep. I got up in the middle of the night to potty, then slept until morning. I exercised my foot in bed for awhile. My alarm went off in a different room and I realized I had forgotten to bring it to the bedroom.
I wanted to sleep more, but had a schedule to keep. I wondered why I could walk in the middle of the night. I put on my heavy shoes before standing up. My foot was a little better, but I still used the rolling chair as much as possible so it would heal completely. I took gizzards from freezer to thaw. I checked e-mail, and rubbed stuff on my foot.
I worked my way through morning stuff until I got to breakfast. I made and ate it, then called Pat at quilting to say I wasn't coming. I hated to skip, but if my foot doesn't heal, I will miss quilting on Saturday and Sunday.
I laid outside in sun reading. It was really nice, but a little warm. When I came in, I checked my glucose. The first strip said 'lo'. So I looked it up in the manual. Then I checked with a new strip and it said 125. That would be the post-breakfast reading. I ate 3 figs. I watered my plants and checked the mail. At T+30, I took another reading at 136. I finished a long podcast. I looked for dosages for making a vitamin drink. At T+60, glucose was 142. I concluded that figs aren't that bad for my blood sugar.
Stacey sent me a message saying to come over with the gizzards 90 minutes before I wanted to eat. I showered, dressed, and put the gizzards in a bag. I walked over to Stacey's house. Her husband had me walk back to her office. I sat on the floor while she finished up e-mails and phone calls in her home office. Then we went out to the dining room for what her husband called an art project. He had washed the gizzards and opened them up. He told us to cut out the white rubbery part because it would be chewy in the final project. I really didn't care about that, but since he was going to cook them for me, I just went with it. Stacey helped, but she was not thrilled to be handing raw meat. When we finished, he saute'd them in a fry pan for 45 minutes. Stacey and I sat out back and talked. He came out a few times to load the grill with potatoes and squash. Finally he said dinner was ready.
She and I went inside where two plates were set on the table. He had the gizzards in a bowl with onions, and a steak on a plate for her. There were also white potatoes and squash halves wrapped in tin foil hot off the grill. The gizzards were marvelous! The onion flavor really came through. Stacey gave me part of the steak and it was even better. He went in the livingroom to watch golf or something. She and I ate and talked. He brought me a container to put the extra gizzards in, AND he threw in the rest of the steak. I thought that was going to be his meal. Then she offered to drive me home to save wear and tear on my left foot. I told him once again how good it was and thanked him. Then she drove me home, stopping at the mail box so I could check again. This time I found Netflix and a package. I thanked her and went inside. The meat and another potato and squash were packed in a small insulated lunch bag. I put the foil items on the counter to cool and ate some of the steak before putting it in the fridge. I went to the bathroom, then came back for more steak. Although he had not asked me how I like my steak, it was cooked to my perfection – lots of pink inside. It was SOOOO good.
I got ready to meet with my tapping buddy, but then saw there was a note from her. So I wrote back that it was fine with me to reshedule for tomorrow. I called Chris but he was not home. I listened to an audio on niacin, and cleared e-mail. I looked into magnesium that will dissolve in water. I registered a kit on Viome. I watched Royal Pains and rolled out some muscles, then put a heating pad under my neck. That made it hard to watch TV though.
When it was over I called Chris and we talked for a very short time because he was applying for jobs. Then I took evening supplements and went to bed.
* This is a wallhanging that Susan made. *

No comments: