Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Just a dream - or was it real?

I went to bed before 9:30 last night. I listened to bwe for an hour, and fell asleep. I dreamed I was lying on a bed in a dark room and some rodent was running around the edge of the bed. I thought Michele was nearby so I tried to scream her name but I was fighting the thing that keeps people from acting out what they are dreaming. As I woke from the dream, I could still hear the creature, for a brief moment. Then I was awake, and not sure if it was real. I almost fell asleep but woke again hearing a rustling noise from the head of my bed. That made me anxious, so I started tapping until I fell asleep again.
I shut off the alarm when it rang and went back to sleep. I got up at 8:30, brushed and swished. I put a flashlight in my bedroom. I checked e-mail, then got dressed had a fat bomb. I measured my blood pressure at 96. I took my blue quilt top and went to quilting.
I was going to give the top to Rhonda to quilt, but she wasn't there. Robin called her and laughed when she answered from the bathroom. So Rhonda looked at my quilt top and suggested a light blue thread and a swirling pattern. We agreed, and she left. I sat by Beverly and worked on the binding of my red quilt. Gwen came, and we talked about blood sugar.
I left a little after 11. I stopped at the Asian store for kimbap. When I got home, I measured my blood sugar at 95, then I ate the kimbap with kimchi. I set the timer for half an hour. I watered the plants and read e-mail. My blood sugar went up to 210. I read e-mail for another half hour and it went up to 256. I ate some cheese and pre-breakfast mixes. I later tested at 222.
I drove to the gas station to fill up, and wash the aphid slime off the windows of my car. Then I went to the post office area to locate the Fedex drop box. I dropped the mailer inside. Then I checked our post office box. There was a yellow slip but the desk was closed for lunch. Finally I went to the church. I checked my blood sugar again. 126. I recorded all the donations from last week and printed reports. I took the money to the bank for deposit.
Since Elaine was tired, and the farmer's market was done for the year, I could go home. I stopped at the post office to pick up the two parcels from the front desk. I took them home, where I opened them and put the supplements where they belonged. Then I ate the last of the liver and opened a coconut.
I wrote a check for rent, and one for Kevin. I texted Stacey and sat in the back yard reading until I heard from her. We walked together to the Housing office to drop off the rent check. Then we walked around the circle, talking. When that was over, I put the other check in the mail.
I put on some music, and sat in the kitchen soaking my foot in Epsom salts. I called Dad. Then I called Chris. He suggested I have Housing spray for rodents. Then I called William. He wanted me to look up the history of the church white building. I spent hours at it, but could not find anything.
Finally it was way past time for bed.
* Jane's two-sided quilt. *

No comments: