Friday, October 11, 2019

The Huntsville quilt show

I woke up before the alarm went off. Sleep wasn't coming back so I got up. I swished while sitting outside and harvesting sumac seeds. I made pre-breakfast mixes, and then ate protein items like nuts, an egg, yogurt. I packed a lunch and filled a water bottle.
Rebecca came at 9:30 to pick me up. We went to the parking lot opposite the Von Braun center and parked. When we got to the Von Braun Center, we found the ticket table for the quilt show. We bought our tickets and waited for a few other friends to arrive. We stood in line talking until the doors opened and we went in. We entered our doorprize tickets and quilt drawing tickets at the appropriate table. Then we went to the Sew Creative booth to get free green bags. From there we looked at quilts in order. But we did not move at the same rate. I took pictures of most of the quilts. We were asked to support the vendors, so I stopped at a couple of places and bought fabric and one quilt template. We waited until 1 for the second drawing, then walked to the parking deck. Rebecca drove us to the other side of the parking deck so I wouldn't have so far to walk to the restaurant. It was an ice cream and coffee shop that also had sandwiches. I sat outside saving the table for the others while they ordered. We had to change out the low chairs for metal ones. As the others ate their toasted sandwiches, I ate seed crackers, a piece of coconut, and an apple.
When the party broke up, I walked to the car with Rebecca. She drove me back to base, then to the post office. I picked up junk mail and the replacement yogurt maker. She dropped me off at home and went off to Tuesday Morning.
I opened the package of serine and took a scoop in water. Then I sewed binding onto my challenge project, added corners on the back for hanging. I made breakfast for supper and ate that while listening to interviews from the Body Electric summit. They were talking about specific frequencies or healing.
I sat outside to sew the binding to the back. I felt a few raindrops, but stayed until my thread ran out. Only in the light of day could I see that there was a difference between the white background of the piece and the white border sewn around it. Sigh.
I added more quilting to the piece, inadvertently sewing through the triangles. But that improved the look of it. I cropped quilt pics while listening to the seemingly endless interviews. There was a sign at the show asking the pics include the tag with the name of the maker, but the tag did not show in all of the pics. There were too many to finish in one evening.
I called Dad but he didn't answer. I texted Chris on skype, and he called me half an hour later. We talked for awhile. Then I looked up biomagnetic therapy; using pairs of magnets to increase circulation and energy flow. It seems so DIY. I stopped to take supplements and write my blog post before getting ready for bed.
* A chemistry themed quilt at the show. *

No comments: