Saturday, October 5, 2019

Yogurt maker is not so hot

I woke up with the alarm, but did not get up right away. When I did, I got dressed and sat outside swishing and harvesting sumac berries. I could not find the bag from yesterday so I used a new one. After 20 minutes, I stopped and watered all the flowers. I brought the bag of berries inside and put them in a box. THEN, I saw the bag from yesterday hanging on a doorknob.
I collected the laundry and put the colored clothes, including what I was wearing, in the washer. I read e-mail and listened to interviews.
At 10 I started the pre-breakfast mixes. At 11, I made breakfast and ate it in front of my laptop. I got dressed out of the laundry basket and folded the rest of the clothes. Then I packed some fabric in my sewing machine case and put it in the car.
I drove to the library for quilting. I got a text from Jennifer asking me to tap for her. So I did a little bit as I set up my machine to sew. The other ladies were breaking for lunch and asked me to join them. So I sat with them and joined in the conversation.
After lunch Kerry was passing out kits for the Quilt-Con challenge quilt blocks. I took two because they seemed easy. I worked on my fabric challenge entry which is due at the next meeting. Somehow, I only brought 7 of the 8 fabrics so I could only go so far. Then I opened one of the kits and worked on the background. When I ran out of bobbin thread, I decided to pack up. Before I left, I helped another lady put up tables and chairs. Then I headed home.
When I got home, I checked the mail and found a bill. I did some tapping for Jennifer. I ate the rest of the gizzards and steak for supper. They were still really good! I also ate a small salad and an egg (because I need the choline in the yolk). I went out back to look for black widows because Julia said her husband killed one on their back porch. It is their second one and I didn't find any. I am beginning to feel left out.
As I read e-mail and listened to audios, I realized it was raining! It has been over a month since we had any and we sorely need it. The grass is dry and brittle.
When the yogurt maker beeped, I went to retrieve the magic concoction. But it didn't look like yogurt. It was all bubbly like risen bread dough. And the water bath that it sets in was cold. I wished I had checked that sooner. I reset the maker and checked that the heater came on. I watched part of a Netflix DVD called The Prestige. I paused it to check and the water bath was cold again. I read the instructions again, did not notice anything new, and sent a message to company informing them that the maker was defective. It could not have been damaged in shipping because it was really well packed.
I resumed the movie until Chris called on skype. We did not talk long because he was tired from running the army 10-miler. He said he did not run the whole thing, but he also did not come in last. I finished the movie and looked up some of the actors. There were a lot of big names. I took my evening supplements. I made my bed. Then I wrote to my blog so I could retire for the night.
* Here is part of my challenge entry. We had to use 5 solid color fabrics. *

No comments: