Monday, October 21, 2019

Success

Last night I was doing really well with the EmWave, which means my HRV was high. So I tried one of the games. It was a garden in grayscale. As I sat there staring at the screen, color appeared here and there. The higher my HRV, the quicker the colors came and the picture filled in with running water and singing birds.
I may have gotten to sleep a little sooner than usual. I heard my alarm at 7:30 and shut it off. I dozed until 8:30 when my cortisol kicked in. I brushed my teeth, then threw on yesterday's clothes and sat on the front porch. I shucked the remaining sumac plumes. Then I took supplements and checked e-mail. I looked at websites in Richmond to find names of people who might be willing to sit with Dad at night. My searches were all in vain. I called the VCU school of nursing and left a message. I also messaged Wesley because I know he lives in Richmond.
It was after 11. I quickly made breakfast. When I sat down to eat, I saw Myra had responded to my message. I called her through Facebook. We chatted for awhile. She had some suggestions, but most I had already tried.
When I hung up, it was after 12. I threw my machine in the car and went to quilting, not realizing I was still wearing yesterday's clothes. I asked the ladies how to find someone to stay with my dad at night. Most suggestions were things I had already tried. One was to post on Facebook for all to see. Another was to call his primary care physician. Rebecca and I helped another lady arrange her 40 blocks. Then I got out my machine and sewed 20 of mine together without laying them out. See above.
I stopped by the post office on my way home. There was a Swanson's package. I unpacked it. There was something called genistein that I don't remember ordering. I called Faye. No one stopped by. I did the Wim Hoff breathwork. I considered going out in the rain to wash my car as a substitute for the cold shower portion. But I was hungry. I called Karen to see if William could take a dozen eggs to the rehab center since Kevin did not. Karen hung up with me so she could call Kevin. I ate the last piece of meat. She called me back. I gathered it did not go well.
I called Faye again. She said she signed with an agency to send someone over tonight. Also, Dad got a room closer to the nurse's station but did not get any therapy today. I made a salad. I texted with Darleen on Facebook. She was willing to sit with my dad at night. I called Faye to tell her. She said she had to ask Kevin about it first. I knew what his answer would be, but I did not think it should matter. I talked to Dad and did not understand what he was saying, except that he was tired and wanted to go to bed. Faye said she wasn't allowed to move him from the wheelchair to the bed so they were waiting on the nurse.
I watched Frasier and ate my forgotten salad. I texted with Wesley on Facebook. He said his mother was in Tyler rehab and she liked it. Chris called on Skype. We talked about taking time off for Thanksgiving and Christmas. He pointed out that Michele expects us to spend some time at her apartment.
I jotted notes for my blog. I did some tapping. I read more e-mail. I listened to an audio while I used the EmWave biofeedback device. This time I played a game where a hot air balloon flies around the world. The higher my hrv, the higher the balloon went. Pretty cool.
Time for bed.

No comments: