Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Doctor's advice

To reduce walking, I did not turn off the electricity to the bedroom. And the fan was still on. But there were no rodents in the night. I used the mp3 headphones but still did not fall asleep within an hour.
I woke early this morning. I flexed my left foot for several minutes. I pulled up on the ball of the foot to stretch the calf. But when I got out of bed, my left foot would not bear my weight. I rocked from side to side to get it used to my weight, but today that didn't work. Finally I crawled into the bathroom.
I used the rolling chair to get around, at least until I put my running shoes on. Then I could hobble around. I washed dishes in the kitchen and noticed that my neck was doing the 'gotcha' thing whenever I looked down. So I called the chiropractor's office and asked if they could see me this week and she said to come in at 10:30. So I got dressed, ate two fat bombs, and rubbed silica gel on my heel. Then I read e-mail until it was time to leave.
I brought a baggie of stevia leaves and a book with me. I was ushered into the rack room where the assistant strapped me down to a table to stretch my back. My back was fine however. I told her about my foot and my neck. She wrote it down. After the stretch, I sat in the hall, reading and waiting my turn. I had to hold the book up to avoid bending my neck. Then I was put in exam room 3. I read a little more before the doctor came in. I gave him the stevia. I mentioned my foot and he said to get a brace at Walmart that holds the foot at 90 degrees all night. (yeah right. I'm gonna walk through Walmart?) He adjusted my spine from the sacrum up. He wanted me to lay my neck on a rolled up towel with a heating pad over it. He did not want me to fall asleep that way, and we got into a discussion of sleep aids. He recommended gaba and CBD.
After the appointment, I went to Earthfare to get the supplements. I also got bromelain for the inflammation in my foot. When I got home, I took some. I cleared e-mail until it was time to leave.
I went to the Korean clinic. I gave them a jar of pickled garlic. He had a letter saying there was unclaimed money waiting for him and that for 10% they would help him get it. It seemed legit, but I looked up the company online and found that it is possible to get the money without paying the company. So I went on the California website and filled out an electronic form to request it. Dr. Lee said he would give me the 10%.
Then they wanted me to find out how to get certified in Hawaii because they had just been there and fallen in love with it. So I did. It wasn't that hard, but I questioned whether they understood how expensive it was and they insisted that they did. She gave me dried jujube fruit. I wished I had my sugar monitor to see what that did to my numbers. Then he drew me a foot bath. While I soaked, she wanted to know what it would cost to ship their cars and equipment to Hawaii. I said I would ask Chris because I had not a clue. William called so I talked to him for awhile.
After the foot bath I went home. I checked my blood sugar at 125. (I probably missed the spike). I ate a tomato and sprouts and coconut meat for supper. I put my choir folder in my bag, along with Elaine's book which I just finished reading. I tried to order the presentations from a vitamin course, but the desktop couldn't handle it.
I went outside and saw Stacey sitting in her car in front of my house. She was on the phone. I got in and she wrapped up the call and drove us to church for choir practice. I had brought Elaine's book but she didn't come. When the choir was assembled, Jennifer did the warm-ups. Marci played two songs with us, then Cherry played the rest. We aren't singing this Sunday so we did not practice up front.
I went home with Stacey and we talked all the way. She dropped me off at my house so I didn't have far to walk. I took some supplements, including bromelain for inflammation. As per doctor's orders, I laid down with a rolled towel under my neck and a heating pad over it. I finished listening to a video. I got up when Chris called on skype. We talked for a bit, then the call dropped. I couldn't get him back so I read e-mail until I heard from him. We finished our call and I watched a video on the timeline of vitamin therapies. I took the CBD oil and vitamin D3. I turned down the AC and brushed my teeth. Then I wrote my blog post and got ready for bed.
* this is the back of Jane's quilt. My block is in the upper left corner. The blocks were donated for her 90th birthday. *

No comments: