Monday, October 28, 2019

I've been boo boo'd

Last night, I made a strong mixture of baking soda and water, and poured it over my scalp. I wrapped a towel around my head and went to bed. I got up once during the night, but it was almost dawn. I turned off the alarm at 7:30 and got up about 8:30.
I brushed and swished. I deleted a bunch of e-mail I know I won't read. I combed my hair, liberating a bunch of baking soda. I watched a video about the value of a kidney wrap, and I promptly wrapped a long scarf around my waist.
I did some tapping and one round of breathwork. Then I got a call from a functional medicine practitioner whom I am familiar with from the internet. We talked for 15 or 20 minutes, then made an appointment for Thursday. I rescheduled my chiropractic appointment from Thursday to tomorrow. I took protein powders, and looked for the intake form that I am supposed to fill out before Thursday. I made pre-breakfast mixes and then breakfast.
At noon I went to quilting. The room was pretty full and someone had to scoot over so I could have a place. Dinah fixed the problem with my featherweight without knowing it: she wanted to try her foot pedal on it and when she plugged hers in, she automatically moved the bobbin winder out the way. So when I used my pedal, it worked perfectly! And all this time I thought the belt was loose. We talked about what a shame it was that rain was expected on Halloween. Lauri told me that Publix has aisle trick-or-treating on Halloween.
I made a row of triangles and sewed it to the stack-n-whack. I trimmed the edges, and then it was time to go. I bid the last two ladies goodbye. I went to the post office – nothing. Not even junk mail.
I stopped by the library, but they were closed. I went home and checked the house mail. There was a birthday offer from a new restaurant in town. How did they know my birthday is coming up?
I put on an interview while I peeled and sliced a bag of onions and put them in the crock pot with a defrosted lamb heart. Stacey invited me to supper, but today is the best day for cooking.
I ate my daily handful of nuts and some of the anti-aging yogurt. I watched some short videos until 5. Then I left the house with three onions. I found a cute gift on my front porch. I had been boo'd again. I took a pic and put it in the house, then locked up. I proceeded to Stacey's house. I gave the onions to her husband and talked to him about ways of cooking liver until she came out from her office. She and I went for a walk while he put meat and acorn squash on the grill. We walked twice around the circle, sharing our thoughts. When we got back, we sat at the table while he talked and cooked. He put a piece of chicken on her plate, and a large steak on mine. Then he went out to the grill and brought in acorn squash and brussel sprouts with bacon. The steak was so good, although not as good as the last one he gave me. She and I ate supper together while he was in and out, watching the game. After the meal, she wrapped up a squash and the brussel sprouts for me to take home. She molded the aluminum foil wrapping into a swan, then put it in an insulated pouch.
She walked me home. I put the swan away, and turned off the crock pot. I opened the cute gift. It held snack packages. Chris called on skype. We talked, but not for long because he was tired and didn't have much to say. Then I called Faye. We talked until Darleen arrived to take over watching Dad. The social worker told Faye that there will be some sort of meeting before Dad can go home, maybe as soon as next week.
After the call, I pulled out the meat from the crock pot. The onions were not done, so I plugged it up again. I jotted notes for my blog. I watched an episode of Frasier. I texted Faye. I mixed up a magnesium citrate drink. I started watching TQS, but got sleepy. So I tried to post to my blog and get to bed before the feeling went away.
* Although there is a sign on my door saying I have already been boo'd, someone boo'd me again. I would just put it in front of a neighbor's house, but I don't know which one did it. *

No comments: