Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Feeling odd

I took nettles instead of Benedryl last night. And I consumed the magnesium drink right before I went to bed. I did have to get up once, but dawn was breaking. I laid down until the alarm rang. Then I got up to brush and swish and listen to podcasts. It was raining.
I exercised and tapped and meditated. I cleaned the bathrooms, and the kitchen. I washed dishes, and mopped the floors. Then I took a shower.
But coming out of the shower, I felt lightheaded and weak. I laid down for a while. I got up to check my blood sugar, thinking it was low, but it was 146. And my heart was beating rapidly. I wished I had a blood pressure cuff. It occurred to me that I needed electrolytes. So I put mineral drops in water and drank it. I also had a small bit of bamboo salt.
At 2 I went to the Korean clinic. I asked Dr. Lee to take my blood pressure. He did and it was normal, but my pulse was fast. He wanted me to help him take the Texas jurisprudence test. So I went online, signed him up for the test, and used his credit card to pay for it. I helped him read the test. He failed by one question. So we went through the study material. I found out that he only studied the test questions, not the material. So I read the material to him, because it was too tiny for him to read on the screen. His wife took pics with her phone and an app translated it into Korean. So then he took the test again (and had to pay again). Some of the questions were different. This time he passed it. Or should I say, the three of us passed it.
I suddenly felt chilly. He gave me an ionic foot bath. He told me my heart was beating so hard because I didn't have enough blood. He said there wasn't enough blood in my head which explained why I have trouble falling asleep at night. He went out front to answer the phone. I tried to do some breathwork to warm up, but he always returned too quickly. She told me I would lose weight if I would just eat the way she said. She recommended a big breakfast early in the morning, a small lunch and a tiny supper. She didn't want me to eat meat for supper because it wouldn't finish digesting before bedtime. She also said I shouldn't eat more than three things at a meal. She mentioned oats and barley for breakfast. She begged me to follow her advice, but I didn't want to mess with my schedule. Bad things always happen when I mess with the schedule.
It was after 4:30 when I left. I went to the post office. Only junk mail. I went home and checked the home mail. Same junk. I was still feeling odd. I checked my blood sugar again and it had dropped to 86. So I decided to eat something, before driving in the dark and the rain. (I hope the rain today means no rain for Halloween).
I ate vegetables and nuts. Then I felt better. I went to church, and practiced with the choir. Jennifer had a selection of chocolates for the members. But she brought some apple chips for me. In fact she poured some in my purse. Also she was handing out a bouquet of flowers for whomever was having the next birthday. It was Ed, but he didn't want them so she gave them to me. Will said there was a freeze warning coming tomorrow night and I made a note to bring in what I could.
I went home with flowers and apple chips, but only the flowers made it. I resumed listening to an audio. Chris called on Skype. He hasn't been able to book a flight home yet. He thinks the 146 means I have diabetes. After the call, I made more vitamin powder. I also made kava tea to sip while watching Frasier, but I forgot until afterwards. I remembered that I was going to call Faye at 5:30, but forgot that, too. Then I typed up my blog post and got ready for bed.

No comments: