Monday, October 7, 2019

Birthday Monday

I read that a person should eat a snack before bed if their blood sugar is low. So I measured it last night and it was 96. I decided I did not need a snack. I laid on the couch and listened to a yoga nidra session, then I went to bed with my grounding cord on. I think I went to sleep faster than usual, but the yoga nidra took half an hour, so. Sometime in the night it started to rain hard. And it was still raining when I woke up. It was a gloomy morning.
I got up with the alarm on the phone, which was still connected to my laptop. It should have been near the bed in case I needed it. I brushed and swished. I read e-mail, and somehow got to watching a video on Cher's mother. I went back to reading e-mail. I took protein powder and measured my blood sugar before and half an hour after. It went from 111 to 107. I guess protein powder doesn't raise glucose after all.
I set aside 6 eggs for seed crackers and hard boiled the rest. I made supplement doses for a week, focusing on vitamins and minerals. Then I got dressed and made breakfast.
After eating, I packed a bag with projects and went to quilting.
We had a good crowd since it was Birthday Monday. Two ladies are having birthdays this month. Rebecca provided the cake and left. I visited with the others and passed on the cake. I showed Bertha the horse quilt. Then I set up in the back of the room. I worked on the fabric challenge item. (I am not sure what it will be good for). Rebecca came back and we had a good chat. William called and I talked to him for awhile, but then realized how late it was. I packed up and said goodbye.
I went to the post office, getting there just before the front desk closed. But my haste was for naught because there were no packages today. I went home. I tasted the yogurt that came out of the cold yogurt maker. It tasted fine, but just in case, I just had a small bit. I made a salad, and added a hard boiled egg. I also ate some seed crackers and an apple. I watered a few plants that were under the eaves.
While listening to interviews from the Body Electric Summit, I finished my fabric challenge blocks and trimmed them. I separated out sumac berries, and put some in a strainer. I auditioned borders while listening to podcasts. Chris called while I was sewing. The sound of his laptop fan was so annoying that we cut the conversation a little short. He wore headphones to shut it out, but there was nothing I could do on my end.
I decided to add a star to the intersection where the blocks meet. I watched one episode of Raising Dion. It is a new show on Netflix, but I don't think it is my speed. I turned down the AC, took melatonin and CBD. I wrote my blog post and did my stretches. Then I got ready for bed.
* This is Lauri's quilt. *

No comments: