Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Good thing I am not in the yogurt business

I got up at 9 with minimal pain in my foot. I brushed and swished and made coffee. The yogurt maker beeped at 9:45, but I wasn't ready to deal with it yet, so I set it for another 4 hours. I made a note to put out the recycling today for tomorrow. They only collect once a month so I don't want to miss it. I cleared my inbox of all the e-mails I don't intend to read – which is most of them.
I put on some meditation music. Beverly called to offer me emotional support. After the call, I exercised, meditated and tapped. I took a hot shower. Before turning it to cold, I did one round of Wim Hoff breathwork. But something strange happened. All of a sudden I didn't know where I was. I found myself sitting on the side of the tub with no memory of how I got there. The good news is, once I turned the water cold, it did not bother me at all. Still, maybe not the best idea.
I cleaned the hall bath which I use the most. I laid my comforter out on the driveway in the sun to air out. I watered the plants. I talked to Faye. She was having severe back pain. I ran out of time to clean the kitchen. I got the Korean boxes out of the fridge and went to the clinic.
Like last week, we worked on applying to Texas for an acupuncture license. I made a bunch of phone calls to get the documents he needed. But when it came to fingerprints, it was a complicated mess. I worked on it until 4:15 but then I really had to run. He gave me another box of onion juice and she gave me three fruits: persimmon, pomegranate, and an apple.
I went to the post office. There was a small package wedged in our box, so I needn't have hurried. I took it home and opened it. There were packages of vitamin patches. I also got a Halloween card from MaryAnn. I sat out in the sun and read for awhile. But it got a little chilly.
I brought in the house mail, mostly junk. I checked the weather for the next two days. My comforter should be safe out there through tomorrow, but not on Friday morning. I did three more rounds of the Wim Hoff method (without the recommended ice bath). Nothing strange happened. I watched part of episode 1 of a summit. Jennifer sent me an invoice for the DoTerra essential oils I had ordered. I counted out cash for her. I didn't realize two bottles of essential oil would be over $100. I took out all the recycling and put the can at the curb for tomorrow.
I went to choir. I dropped off cans for the food bank, then added my questionnaire to the packet at the Welcome Center. I dropped off the last anthem and picked up new music. Elaine walked by and I handed her the book she lent me. Jennifer had left the bottles of essential oil in the pew for me. I put them in my purse.
The choir did warmups and then sang through a few songs. Then the men left on time but the ladies had to stay late to practice something special. I talked to Elaine afterward. Then I headed home before the gate closed. I texted Jennifer that I meant to bring her some yogurt but hadn't tried it yet myself. I listened to more of the summit, then watched Frasier. Chris interrupted on Skype. We talked but not for long. He was tired from an extra-long day. I finished the episode of Frasier and jotted notes for my blog. I watched more of the summit, but skipped ahead because it was so long. I put magnets on my foot for a few minutes. I took supplements, and swished with vitamin C. The sore spot on my gums was almost gone. I tried some of the yogurt. It was surprisingly rubbery. In fact, I thought it turned out better when the maker didn't work. After posting to my blog, it was time to get ready for bed.
* This is Rebecca's turtle quilt. *

No comments: