Saturday, October 19, 2019

First Day at Lucy Corr

I sewed for awhile before going to bed last night. I also took EDTA and charcoal. I don't know that it helped me fall asleep any faster.
I shut my alarm off when it rang this morning and turned over for another 40 winks because the room was a little cold. I got up at 8:30. I got dressed, then brushed and swished. I filled a bowl with hot soapy water and left three apples to soak in it. Then I sat on the front porch and removed seeds from the sumac plumes. That job is almost done.
After 20 minutes, I went inside to wash off the apples and do a few dishes too. Then I called up the Wim Hoff exercise for today, which was 4 rounds of breathwork plus pushups and a 2 minute cold shower. I skipped the cold shower.
There was an e-mail labeled Vinegar pie. I had to check it out. The ingredient list sounded a little bit like a shoofly pie. I refilled the turmeric powder. I chopped some garlic and ginger and turmeric root. I juiced several apples. I put the liver flush ingredients in the blender. Just then Faye called. I blended and drank it while listening to Faye. She sounded very unhappy with the conditions at the Lucy Corr rehab facility. No one had told her anything and she could not find the Admissions people.
I threw laundry in the washer. I looked up other facilities in her area. I called Johnston Willis hospital to see if they could get him changed to another facility. They told me to call Lucy Corr and ask for the on-call administration.
I called Cecily for advice, but she said Faye should just leave Dad there. I called Faye. She'd found the dining room when lunch did not get delivered. It sounds like they just made it in time before the dining room closed. I called Lucy Corr. I was put on hold with no music. I listened to the message about how my call was important to them 25 times or more before someone answered. I tried to tell the lday the problem but she insisted I was talking to the wrong person and she transferred me to someone named Bermuda. Bermuda said she would look for my sister and dad. So I called Faye and told her, but she said she was on the Bermuda wing and thought I had gotten the run-around. So I called Karen and told her. I cleaned up in the kitchen. Karen called them, then called me back to say someone was coming to help Faye. So I called Faye, several times, but she didn't answer. Then she called me back to say someone took her around to see the floor and what was available to the public, etc. Then Faye started talking to someone. After a bit I heard noises like she was walking with the phone in her pocket. So I hung up, probably forgotten.
I jotted notes for my blog and finished an interview. I made and ate breakfast, but could not finish it all. I sat outside and read, with my bare feet in the wet grass. Later I tore myself away from the book to go back inside.
I think I talked to Faye again and finished breakfast. She had called agencies to find a babysitter for Dad, but had no luck. She was most worried about calling in sick to work again tonight. I suggested she call Patrick, but she didn't think he was up to it. Then I called Chris to get his advice. He said she was overly concerned and needed to step away. After that, I called Kurt. He thought Patrick could do a good job if 'trained' properly and said he would be willing to sacrifice a few nights to stay with Patrick and Dad if it meant that Patrick would be giving Faye more nights off after that.
We talked about a bunch of other stuff as well, and it got late. My phone ran out of power and I had to plug it in. After that call, I took some supplements and called Faye to see how she was doing. She sounded absolutely exhausted. Dad was fidgeting and not sleeping. I suggested finding a classical music channel on the TV. She was able to find some kind of music on public TV. But he was still fidgety.
I hope they both get some sleep.
* Another quilt from the show. *
I held two magnets on my foot. It seems to be helping. I wrote my blog post for today. I got ready for bed and turned on the air purifier. I brushed my teeth and then wrote my blog post.

No comments: