Monday, October 14, 2019

As good as it gets

I forgot to wear the grounding patch last night. I heard the alarm go off at 7:30 and I rolled over and stayed in bed until 8. It was cool, so I put on pants and a long sleeved shirt. I brushed and swished, and sat outside shucking sumac berries. After 20 minutes, I came in. I took supplements and listened to interviews. One was about exerises for improving eyesight. I wore the grounding patch whenever I was close enough to the outlet to do so.
At 11, I made and ate breakfast, refilling some of the containers. I took the last of the supplements I made up last week. Then I put my machine in the trunk and gathered up some projects and went to quilting.
It was a small crowd today. But Rebecca and Bertha stayed longer than usual. I was slicing up nine-patches and sewing the quarters back together. Rebecca was arranging her black and white blocks on the design wall. She let me re-order them. A few blocks had to be re-done to fit the pattern we were going for.
At 4 I had sewn all the quarters together and pressed the blocks. So I packed up and went home. There was no point in going by the post office. When I got home, I made a salad for supper. I also had yogurt and the last of the goat cheese. I went outside to finish mowing the lawn, and then I ate some frozen strawberries'
I called Dad. Faye answered and we talked. Then she put Dad on the phone. But he lost his direct objects so he did a lot of stuttering as he tried to think. I suggested he eat some fat bombs and ended the call.
I listened to classical music as I added more quilting to the challenge piece which is due tomorrow. I paused when Chris called on skype. We had a nice chat, but his laptop fan was really annoying. After that call, I called Michele. I suggested she visit my dad this week, and we talked about her new condo which she is moving into on Saturday.
After that call, I finished the extra quilting. I thought it needed more, but anything I added might make it worse. Then I added purple end pieces to the stack-n-whack, and texted with Beverly. I watched one episode of Frasier to relax. Then, realizing how late it was, I took my evening supplements, posted to my blog and got ready for bed.

No comments: