Saturday, October 12, 2019

Finding the north pole

I shut off the alarm this morning and slept in. I had no trouble standing up when I did decide to get up. My foot seemed to be better, but not 100%. I put on a shirt and shorts and went outside to harvest sumac seeds. But it was too cool, so I put on pants. I swished as I plucked seeds from the plumes.
I gathered up dark items for the first laundry load. I put them in the washer and went back for the sheets. I listened to today's interviews from the Body Electric summit. I took supplements, one at a time, spaced out until it was time for breakfast.
It was noon till I got to my first meal. I had read that it should be protein, so I ate nuts, and seed crackers with avocado dip, yogurt, an egg, and some goat cheese. Jennifer called. She wanted to catch up and to ask me to get her a dozen eggs next time I see Tina at quilting, (which will be November).
When the dark load was done, I put it in the dryer. Included were the fabrics I bought yesterday. I pulled the fabrics out of the dryer before it finished, and ironed them and then folded them. When sheets came out of the washer, they had mysterious streaks of dirt on them, so I ran the load again, in hot water. Then they were ready for the dryer.
I looked online at magnets for medical purposes and wondered if they are any different than other magnets. I took two small button magnets and clasped them around a thread (much harder to do than it sounds). Then I let them hang until one pointed north. I put a piece of tape on it to signify the north pole. From there, I ascertained which side was north on the other magnets.
I simmered some white vinegar and water while I peeled a jar full of garlic cloves. When the jar was full, I poured the hot liquid over them. I set the jar aside to cool.
After a few more hours of listening to interviews, I juiced all the leftover salad greens and drank that. It was not tasty. I ran the pulp through again and got a little more juice. Then I threw the remnants in the back yard. It seemed warm outside. Then I went out front door and it was cool. I brought in the mail. There was one bill that Chris needed to know about so I sent him an e-mail.
Then I finished off the squash soup. I folded laundry and dressed the bed. I realized I never made breakfast so I did that and listened to audios while I ate.
I unpacked the replacement yogurt maker to test it out. I jotted notes for my blog, then checked to see that it was warm. I was listening to an interview on dealing with negative emotions when Chris called on Skype. We talked for a while, each sharing our day. We both did laundry. Tomorrow he is going out with Herberth.
I finished the interview, took notes and watched a few others. Then I took my evening supplements and brushed my teeth. I did not bother turning the AC down because the temp is supposed to fall to 43 tonight. I put a blanket on the bed just in case.
Then I watched an episode of Frasier. I listened to classical music as I wrote up my blog post and got ready for bed.
* Here is a quilt from the quilt show, which ended today. *

No comments: