Tuesday, October 15, 2019

My first walk in weeks

Last night I found the energy to make up a dozen supplement mixes before going to bed. I remembered to wear the grounding patch.
I woke up at 6:45 to use the bathroom. I laid down again and the alarm rang. It seemed way too soon, so I stayed in bed until 8.
I brushed and swished. I skipped the sumac shucking and deleted the first round of e-mail. I listened to the next episode of something. I added to my Swanson's cart the supplements that were running low. I got dressed and took some protein powders mixed in water. Then I went to quilting.
There were 6 women gathered at a table. I pulled up a chair and worked on binding while joining in the conversation. This went on until a few ladies laid out lunch. It was potato soup, fruit, and brownies. I went over to see what Beverly was making: a garter. I made a ribbon candy bow with the blue ribbon she had. But her elastic was too wide and thick. I hoped she had something more suitable at home.
Then I said my farewells, and left for home, not stopping at the Asian store.
When I got home, I made a few pre-breakfast mixes, then worked on breakfast. I had to make more mixes for that, too. I ate while listening to some interview, then added cacao nibs to my cart. I forgot to put supplements in my breakfast so I mixed them with a little yogurt. I downloaded some EmWave software and did a Heart Math session. I printed out two Vanco sheets.
At 2 I left for church. It was raining lightly at times. I let myself in and got to work. I entered data and printed reports. I scrounged through the bin in the copy room for paper with a blank side (for printing Vanco reports). I went to the sanctuary and played the cantor's part and sang the psalm for last Sunday. It was ok to sing solo because I was alone. Maybe one day I will feel comfortable singing in front of other people.
From the church, I went to the bank to deposit the offering. Then I went home. The rain had stopped. I watered a few plants that were too close to the overhang to get rained on. Then I took a short walk around the circle. I checked the house mail: two pieces for us and one for someone who used to live here (presumably).
I found a phone message from a lady who put two checks in the offering, but only one had posted. I looked at my sheet for that week and only one appeared. So I called her and agreed to find her envelop and see if the other check was in there. I texted Lars to find out where he keeps the envelopes.
I ate a tomato, a packet of tuna and some seed crackers for a quick supper. I put my three newest works in a bag and went to the meeting of the modern quilt guild.
Even though I took Jordan, I got there pretty quickly. I found a seat at the table. There was a particle of seed cracker stuck between two teeth. I dug out my seam ripper and used it as a toothpick. I turned in the two blocks I had made and told her I would do another one if needed. Then the meeting started. I got to show off my challenge project, which they kept. I also had the horse quilt and the stack for show and tell. After the meeting, I got a prize: a gift bag with some fabric and patterns. I stayed late to see if there were any blocks untaken. A lady who had come in late asked to see my show-n-tells because she knew I always had something nice to show. Awww!
I went home. I resumed listening to a talk on medicinal weeds. Chris called on Skype and we talked for a bit. Then I went back to listening. When the video was over, I watched one episode of Royal Pains. I took the usual bedtime supplements. Then I wrote up my blog post and got ready for bed. I took binders and hoped to sleep really well.
* This is Rebecca's quilt on the design wall from yesterday. *

No comments: